Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi All
My first commercial CD called "Parallel Course" has now been released on iTunes in South Africa, US, UK, Germany and Oz. Here are the links

iTunes South Africa
iTunes United States
iTunes United Kingdom
iTunes Australia
iTunes Germany

It is also on Amazon and can be found using this link

I called it "Parallel Couse" because music has always been there running, understated and undemanding, next along to my life. The album was made entirely with BIAB. It consists of 10 cover songs and 4 originals.

I will also be doing "launch party" on streetjelly on Saturday 18 October at 13:00 CDT (18:00 GMT). Would love to see you there!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Simply beautiful, Jo!

I previewed all 14 tunes and thought that your assortment in tempo and styles holds the listener's interest perfectly.

You have certainly mastered the BIAB software and have integrated it seamlessly. It serves as an excellent example of the software's enormous potential in skilled hands. In countless ways, you are a wonderful example to everyone within your sphere of influence.

You go girl!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Donald
Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you (online that is!) on Saturday

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I agree with Don on every point. He says it perfectly. This is really a good album JosieC. You've got a good mixture of covers and originals. Great arrangements on the covers. You really make them your own. I was especially taken with your version of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow". I also like how at times your voice has a country flair but the next song it is more of the 60's folk sound. It makes you quite unique and keeps the listener interested.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Charlie
Thank you so much! The guy who has released the album is nudging me more towards the country vibe but I think I am really a folk singer at heart,
Hope to see you there on Saturday.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Josie, your covers of S Foster, Kate Wolf; JD; are YOU! Can't wait to hear Isla's "Keeper Of My Heart" and "Mother's Chair", you will absolutely own them!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Don
I worked on Isla's songs while I was in Cape Town. Soon you are going to hear ""Someone is looking for someone like you", "Its good to see you", "My Happiness" and some others......

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi JosieC,

I bought your CD through Amazon last night, converted the MP3s to wavs, burned a CD and sat back for a listen. I knew that it would be good even before I started the process!

You should be very proud of this CD. I think it really shows off your vocal abilities perfectly. This was a very enjoyable listen and this CD will be played many times in our home.

PS - "I Will Aways Be There" is my favorite, at least for today. That will probably change tomorrow.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mario
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the support from you and all my wonderful friends on this forum.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Josie, please cover Isla's "Keeper Of My Heart" as a favor to me. It's my current favorite IG song. She writes at the "gut level", she rips your heart out by the roots and you tend to thank her for the experience. I love her lyrics and storytelling.

I can hear you covering "Clock In The Tower" about a condemned man's final moments. She's a fabulous lyricist. She wrote nearly every song in her YT Playlist.

Isla Sings Hank Sr is a beautiful album as well.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Congrats JosieC! Quite an accomplishment to get that CD launched! Wishing you much success!

Off-Topic
R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Listening to "Parallel Course" on Spotify.... Beautiful....Almost can't believe it was done on BIAB! Kudos ma'am!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi J*3
Thanks so much. It really wasnt that difficult through unique music. Most of the songs I already had arrangements for and just recorded the vocals and harmonies and did the mixing. The album was mastered with Ozone. Unique did all the digital distribution for me. My next project is going to be an album called "Dylan and Denver Uncovered".

Hi Relliker
Thanks so much! I am so pleased to hear that it is also on Spotify. Those guys did a good job!

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Congratulations!! I listened to the samples on Amazon, quite an accomplishment. All the best wishes from me.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Joanne. Congratulations on your new album.
Sounds great and I love the selection of songs and the accompaniments also. You sound great.
Meant to listen on Streetjelly but sorry. Missed it again. It starts at 7am on Sunday morning here and I always miss your performances.
Will set the alarm clock next time.
Hope you sell lots. Cheers.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Kevin. Thanks for giving the CD samples a listen. I appreciate it.

Rich - no problem about missing the streetjelly...7 am is a bit early!! It was fun. I had some help from Unqiue Music on the selection of the songs. It was interesting what was chosen.

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Hey Joanne, just wanted to jump back in to let you know your Streetjelly performance of Parallel Course was really enjoyable. I think your confidence in your friend from Unique Music is well placed based on the variety of songs he helped you choose. From the dynamic range swing of "there's got to be a morning after" to the decision to retain the Floyd Jane original mix with the B3 in your original I can't call the name of at the moment. (sorry,still haven't finished my first cup of coffee) simply showcases your range of style and the album really works as a performance. The song choices of the album really work well in a live performance environment.

Small criticism if I may. I don't know how you mix and interface your streaming but I will suggest you may want to tweak the levels between your live vocal to the music and bring the backing vocals down in the music mix if possible. There were a few moments the backing vocals were driven to minor distortion yesterday. You may already have done so, but for the tracks you will use for live backing tracks, it may help to normalize the levels between tracks as well.

I also noticed it appeared you've dropped "Kiss me slowly" down a step from the YouTube performance with your friend Cheryl. Still works fabulously though.

Congratulations for a great album and a top notch introduction of it on Streetjelly yesterday.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dearest Jo, my cyber daughter, I don't want to become complacent in complimenting your musical achievements. It's just that I've run short of superlatives. I've quit expecting you to be less than wonderful and your album is just another example of a hugely talented, though very modest, young lady and loyal friend.

Thanks again for honoring me on SJ. You have yet to forget me. That, in small part, is why you have so many friends worldwide who love you so dearly.

It's wonderful to witness your musical maturation and, especially, to be an insignificant part of it. Thank you for allowing me in your life.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Dearest Jo, my cyber daughter, I don't want to become complacent in complimenting your musical achievements. It's just that I've run short of superlatives.

Don, isn't that a wonderful problem to have!

Josie is fantastic isn't she.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Charlie
Thanks so much for the comments. The backing vocals were bothering me during the show so I will be sure to have a good look at them before I perform those songs again. Usually, for my live performances I don't include the backing vocals at all and maybe it is better to remove them all together?

Donald - Thank so so much for your never ending support. I really appreciate it. I have Isla Grant's "Keeper of my heart" down and will perform it on Streetjelly soon....

Mario - Thank you as always. You are most kind!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,612
Posts735,074
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185