As you all know I have a fairly weird setup for live.Multiple outs for the instruments. On both computers I use my A2ZS Notebook card BUT I don't use the Creative drivers. I use KX drivers. Since I started playing out a lot I would notice,and I posted this elsewhere as well, that sometimes the drums would go out of sync with the rest of the band. Sometimes just a shade and sometimes when the screen flipped it would throw it way out to the point I had to stop the song & restart.Just a fast toggle of the space bar.This only happens on the Toshiba and not the Lenovo. I attributed this to the horsepower of the Lenovo.
Now the thing I just realized in trying to find a cause. If you've ever installed a Creative card and used their drivers & software ,as I did at first on the Toshiba,when you remove the drivers and software it's not really removed.This is well documented as I found out.Well documented that this causes problems. Being that KX drivers are meant to run on a Creative card they are very similar I guess to the Creative drivers. The removal process for the Creative stuff is quite lengthy.
1. Remove everything as normal with add/remove programs
2. go to a secret spot on the install CD to run the .exe file to completly remove the drivers and shared files
3. Manual registry removall of Creative stuff
4. go to device manager,show hidden drivers, & delete Creative entries.
Once done I also uninstalled and reinstalled KX.Home testing shows this thing to be like a new Drummer.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php