Hey, gang! Long time no pester. Sorry about the silence -- I've had a bit of a rough summer... nothing dire, but trying to get back into the groove of writing, trying to simply make enough money to pay the bills, etc. Hope you're all reasonably well.

Anyway, to get back, I thought I'd mention a pretty darn cool deal. FXpansion has a well-known and expensive drum module called BFD2. Sounds great, stupid expensive (like $300). And their cut-down version, BFD Eco, is still overpriced (best I've seen is $99 at Sweetwater).

But not now.

Until the end of the year, you can get BFD Eco for $29 (or $29.99, depending on where you go). Not just from FXPansion -- all the shops, e.g., Sweetwater, audioMIDI, Amazon, etc. For $99-149, it sounds really good but is still way overpriced and a bit underfeatured. For $29, it's darn near essential.

The most important thing, from a BIAB end, is that it can of course be used as a VST plugin... and its 1,500 grooves can be D&D'ed into a DAW, which means it'll immediately goose your drum repertoire with a bunch of the non-swing, harder styles we've been asking for since forever.

And it sounds just frickin' awesome.

Anyway. I thought it was a good enough deal that I should tell you about it. So, what else is goin' on?

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro