Go To
#375148 11/19/16 08:40 PM
User Showcase
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
https://soundcloud.com/tobias-374943716/i-am-yours-am

Written by Bart Montes. This is my first song using BIAB, RB and Reaper. And, my first time using soundcloud. The vocal is only a quick example of my arrangement, (which is quite different than the artists original version), for the actual intended vocalist, who I haven't met yet. If he or she decides to sing it a lot different than my example then I might re-arrange and record the entire song. Once I get a good vocal track I will probably redo most of the instruments anyhow. We intend to get at least 4 songs arranged like this, then get some of our best vocalist friends together to record keeper vocals.
Here's the song in raw form,... how I first received it.
https://soundcloud.com/tobias-374943716/i-am-yours-sample-song

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Tobias #375149 11/19/16 08:49 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tobias

I really was warmed by the sparseness of the backing, this really fitted perfectly with the song style.

The lyrics are well thought out, and the vocal delivery is extremely good.

The guitar break filled in perfectly. The choice of a discordant nature gave great interest.

A very impressive song from all angles.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
AudioTrack #375354 11/20/16 06:22 PM
User Showcase
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks Video Track. I used this song to learn a lot about Reaper DAW which I just got. My next few songs should have improved work flow and come out better now that I've got a little experience with the new DAW.
BTW, If you'd like to see what I started with there is also a raw song sample of this one posted on my soundcloud. It's the way I get the songs from the song writer with just him strumming and singing.

Tobias #375366 11/20/16 09:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tobias,

This is put together very thoughtfully and really well. You've done a great job. I enjoyed the journey.

I'm a Reaper user too. It's such a great program!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Tobias #375392 11/21/16 01:06 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Tobias,

I enjoyed this a lot and agree with the other comments.
Interesting to compare it with the version that you received (you have improved it immeasurably).
If I did a vocal like yours it would be a keeper, lol! Still I will be keen to hear the final version with the intended vocalist.

Well done,
Jez
P.S. I was a Reaper user before I got a good upgrade offer on Sonar and I still think that Reaper was the best value and most stable DAW I have ever used. It's a professional program for the price of an entry level one.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
Tobias #375406 11/21/16 04:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tobias,

A good listen. Nice arrangement - very supportive of the vocal. Well done.

floyd

Tobias #375501 11/21/16 01:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tobias, very good job!! It's from the heart and sounds great! That's a combination that can't be beat. Thanks, Torrey

Tobias #375518 11/21/16 03:26 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very inspirational song. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Tobias #375597 11/22/16 08:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tobias,

A very nice simple arrangement of a song which matches the sincerity of the lyrics with a good melody - I especially enjoyed the chorus.
Your " test" vocal sounds fine.

Robert

Tobias #375630 11/22/16 10:53 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
This is really good!! The other one was good, but this is better. The melody works great. Vocal is fantastic-I hear a Justin Heyward vibe. The solo is sweet. I think the strummed guitar could be a bit lower and maybe a bit more of a pad sound. Excellent job on this one! Take care. Greg

Tobias #375646 11/22/16 11:33 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Put me in the "your-guide-vocals-are-what-I-aspire-to-in-my-final-mix-vocals" camp.
Appreciate the sincerity and strength of feeling in this track.
That and the strong melody and spot-on mix.

Torrey Bliss #375677 11/22/16 01:28 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Tobias, very good job!! It's from the heart and sounds great! That's a combination that can't be beat. Thanks, Torrey

Indeed.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Tobias #375679 11/22/16 01:36 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Great vibe. Strong arrangement. Particularly like that guitar. Awesome tone and performance.

Bob cool

Tobias #375827 11/22/16 08:47 PM
User Showcase
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Okay I read the rules for this part of the forum. Here's what this song is made of.
****** Song Summary *************
Title: I Am Yours-A#m
Song is saved with bar changes for Tempo , Time signature,RealDrums Changes,
Style is M_BELIEV.STY (Pop Believe Band w/ Synth)
Did not use Synth RealTrack or Held Clean Electric RealTrack.

RealTracks in style: 1536:Bass, Electric, PopBelieve Ev16 065
PlugIns: TRacks Classic Compressor and Amplitube 4 Solid State Bass Amp.
Very few edits to the bass track. I think I removed 6 - 8 notes I didn't like from the entire bass track.

RealTracks in style: 1537:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBelieveArp Ev16 065
Real Track was not used in actual mix. My gritty arpeggio guitar was inspired by some parts in the above real track.
Vantage Les Paul (1984 Japanese Replica w/ Dimarzio Hum Buckers Coil Tapped in middle position. Through a Boss CS-2 compressor set rather light. Into a Fender Super Champ XD clean channel with treble all the way down. Mic'd with AKG D880 on grill in center.
PlugIns: RubyTube (at max), TRacks Classic Compressor, Voxengo Stereo Touch.
I quick faded in the beginning note of almost every chord/arpeggio to remove some of the CS-2s notorious pick twack sound.

RealDrums in Song: PraiseWorshipSlow16ths^1-a:H24, b:SRC
PlugIns: TRacks Classic Compressor, ReaEQ, Sonitus Reverb.
I cut out a whole bunch of drum notes to thin it out a little. Probably would choose a different RealDrums or midi drums for this song.

Strings started out as 2 midi tracks from –MICHEL1.STY. Slow Pop Orchestra.
I did a lot of midi editing in Reaper which made it very easy and accurate.
PlugIns; On main string track; Cakewalk SI-Strings default preset, Voxengo Stereo Touch.
On second string track; Cakewalk SI-Strings default preset, JS:Delay w/tempo Ping Pong.
Guitar Solo: Schecter PT Special Proto Type, never went into production. Hand made at the Schecter factory in California. I think it was Torrence at the time. Has hand made hum buckers called MonsterTone by Schecter.
Recorded off the Super Champ XD Voice Channel with moderate drive.
PlugIns: JS:Delay w/Tempo Length.
Solo is doubled via copy track. Panned hard left and right. Delays are faint and tempo sinc’d opposite each other for a ping-pong spread.

Vocal is a Behringer B2 Pro under heavy quilts hung from curtain rods bolted down to the top of a tall shelf. I did 4 takes straight through the whole song with the song looped. No breaks. Then I comped together the best sections. The vocal is botched in my opinion. Flutters, diction, pitch and timing issues. It is intended to be a temporary example for the actual singer. Something to practice with. But, if he/she wants to express it completely different that’s okay with me.
PlugIns: Melda Products; MAutoPitch, MEqualizer, MCompressor, Voxengo Tube Amp, Voxengo Tempo Delay.

Acoustic Guitar; Takamine P3DC into a Zoom GFX-1 with EQ and 4x12 Cabinet emulator. No amp emulator. Just the cabinet.
This track is double via copy track. Both tracks are panned right. 1st track 20% right so it’s kind of near the middle. 2nd track is 90% right to create some space.

Master Channel PlugIns; Voxengo Span, Voxengo Old Skool Reverb, Voxengo Marvel GEQ, JS Soft Clipper/Limiter.

Recording, Editing, Mixing done in Reaper. My first project in Reaper. Big step up from Power Tracks 10 and RealBand 2016 and Audacity.

Reaper ran stable the whole time. No latency, no crashing, no stubborn refusal to find, use or process any plug ins at all. I spent a lot of time watching Reaper Tutorials.
Special Thanks to Kenny Gioia.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200