Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Below are links to two albums I just uploaded to SoundCloud sung by "The Apostolic Band", which for many years was the church praise band I led before I moved to Florida. Some of the songs have been previously featured on the User Showcase forum, but I just thought I would update for those who haven't heard.

I'm probably breaking the rules by not posting individual songs, but I'm lazy right now and that would take a long time.

I won't say these are professional quality, as many were recorded many years ago before I had a clue about what I was doing (not that I know what I'm doing now). The songs are a mix of original songs and public domain songs that we did in our own style.

All the songs were done using a combination of Band-in-a-Box, PowerTracks Pro, RealBand, and Diamond Cut DC8. Instruments included some live guitar (which Chris plays), as well as help from my Kurzweil Digital Piano (which has awesome sounds), my various Casio keyboards (because I'm not rich and that's what I can afford), and various VSTi sounds and effects.

The albums are Christian in nature, so if that doesn't float your boat, you've been advised.

"Follow Me (Remixed)" by The Apostolic Band

All songs on this CD were arranged by John Ford. Singing on this CD are Chris Werle, John Ford,Glen Phillips, Robert Ford, and Steve Hein. Cover photograph taken by Anita Ford. John writes the harmonies and counter-melodies, as well as arranges, orchestrates, and engineers the songs.

1. Follow Me Written by Chris Werle and John Ford, it shows us that Jesus’ call to his disciples is just as relevant today as he calls us to be his 21st century disciples. (Chris sings lead; John, Glen, and Steve join in the chorus)
2. I Cannot Tell This song, to the tune of “Danny Boy”, retells the power of Jesus’ life. (Glen sings)
3. Just A Closer Walk All sing this great hymn in a big-band style.
4. Crown Him With Many Crowns Everyone takes a turn at a verse in this great hymn, also in big band style.
5. I’ve Been Redeemed Nine year old Robert Ford sings with his dad (John Ford) on this fun song.
6. Only You Another original by Chris Werle and John Ford. Each member takes a phrase.
7. Blessed Assurance Steve sings lead on this great hymn; the rest of the band sing the chorus.
8. Jesus, Won’t You Come By Here Everyone participates calling on Jesus.
9. I Surrender All John sings lead on this hymn; the rest of the group sing the chorus.
10. Somebody Touched Me Everyone sings on this fun song.
11. To God Be The Glory Glen sings lead on this jazzy number; the rest of the band join in on the chorus.
12. I Have Decided (To Follow Jesus) Everyone sings on this song, which our wives have dubbed, “I Have Decided (To Follow Jesus To Hawaii).
13. Shalom To You An instrumental from the hymnal as a benediction.

"Come To The Light" by The Apostolic Band

All songs on this CD were written and copyrighted by Chris Werle and John Ford. Singing on this CD are Chris Werle, John Ford, and Steve Hein. Cover photograph taken by Anita Ford. Chris writes the lyrics, melody and chord progressions. John writes the harmonies and counter-melodies, as well as arranges, orchestrates, and engineers the songs.

1. Come To The Light We consider this our theme song. (Chris and John sing).
2. Back To You This song reflects on the state of our world today and how we need Jesus to lead us. (Chris sings lead; John sings harmony)
3. The Ballad of the Chessie Cat Chris wrote this song after being invited to a “Christmas in July” cruise on the Chesapeake Bay in his boss’ yacht, which is named “The Chessie Cat”. (Chris sings lead; John and Steve join in the chorus)
4. A Father’s Prayer Written for the annual Father’s Day Service at St Paul UMC. Fathers often get short shrift in popular culture, but we looked around us and saw dedicated fathers who raised their kids with Jesus front and center. John sang this for Father’s Day 2012 at MST; Steve and Chris sang this for Father’s Day 2012 at Saint Paul. (John sings lead and harmony)
5. On Your Wedding Day (Steve) See notes for #10, “On Your Wedding Day (Chris)”. Steve recorded this song as a gift for the father-daughter dance at both his daughters’ weddings. (Steve sings lead; John sings counter-melody)
6. Inner Strength (Instrumental) An orchestrated instrumental with trumpet, French horn, and trombone carrying the melody. This song represents the inner strength Jesus gives us to go out and carry out the great commission.
7. Lost ‘Til I Found You This song shows our longing for Jesus to be in our lives and how we just flounder around this world of ours without the Jesus to ground us and guide us. (Steve sings lead; John sings harmony)
8. Follow Me This song shows us that Jesus’ call to his disciples is just as relevant today as he calls us to be his 21st century disciples. (Chris sings lead; John and Steve join in the chorus)
9. She Knows The Way Chris wrote this as a love song for his wife, Carol. (Chris sings)
10. On Your Wedding Day Chris wrote this for the father-daughter dance at his daughter Michelle’s wedding. This was the first song Chris and John ever recorded, and in a real studio versus John’s man-cave in his basement, where everything else was recorded and engineered. Michelle was very touched when she heard it. (Chris sings lead; John sings counter-melody)

NOTE: Both albums are also on my website, available for purchase, so if you are interested in helping the effort, that would be awesome. But no pressure, and enjoy the music

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Boy you have some nice vocals and harmonies. Backtracks see very well done as well

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
John,

That's a lot of songs!

I poked at several. A good listen - and an interesting variety. Some nice horns ("Crown Him..."). Fun stuff ("I've Been Redeemed")... "Only You" is quite catchy. The organ in "Blessed Assurance" sounds great! "Come To The Light" has a great feel. "Back To You" has a very nice overall sound - smooth. "Father's Prayer" is really nice - nice vocals and harmonies. "She Knows The Way" is a nice song! (interesting looking waveform) - the Dire lead fits nicely.

fj

User Showcase
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, Floyd and Scott. I had been meaning to post these for awhile, so better late than never. There will be more original songs coming; just that whole day job thing. smile

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
John, I listened to the 2 title songs and the music has a wonderful smooth laid back quality to it. Very enjoyable to listen to with great use of multiple instruments. Above that, great message in all of it. Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, Torrey, I appreciate the kind words.

John

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
John,

Some great stuff here... I sampled most of the songs - very nice!

Bob

User Showcase
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, Bob! I'm glad you had time to listen. And as always, I really enjoy your music as well.

John

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
John,

Glad you posted these. Good stuff.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, Bob. They were fun to do and I learned (and am still learning) a lot. One day I'll get closer to what it really should sound like, but I'm mostly pleased with what I've been able to accomlish. I do wish I had more time to work on this, though. If I can retire sometime in the next 10 years or so, unless the honey-do list overwhelms me, I will definitely spend a lot more time creating, recording, mixing, and mastering my music.

John

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really good sounding stuff John!!

User Showcase
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, David!

John

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195