Print Thread
Go To
#456057 02/06/18 02:00 PM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi all.

My first posted track so I'm hoping I get this right.
I've listened to lots of the ones posted and am super impressed with the talent around here and read some of the threads in this sub-forum.

This tune was developed directly from the Brent Mason Artist Performance Set 4, with some mods to the instruments, slight change of tempo and I've kept the excellent lead guitar performance because it fits so well.

Enjoy listening (I hope) and if anyone wants the detailed info, I'll post later.

Sound Cloud - These Lonely Streets

I exported the individual tracks to my Tascam DP24SD to add the vocals and backing vocals, but didn't radically alter the BIAB tracks during that process as they sound about as good as they can already.

It's only my madness that stops me from going insane.
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I decided I should provide the info anyway... I guess I'm just having a lazy evening. cool

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice country song. Very smooth. I always like it when people post their lyrics as sometimes it's hard to hear all the words.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks Belladonna... I also meant to do that, but at the moment, they only exist written in pen on paper. I haven't typed them up (it's that same "lazy day" thing.

When I get home tonight, I'll type them up and post them. smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mr. Jones,

Welcome to the Showcase. A nice first post.

A good sound to this. Very nice vocal. The background vocals were well done. A good mix.

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome and a well done entry to the forum.

As floyd mentioned all the essentials are well done...vocals and the mix. It sounds very nice on our monitors.

Well done!

J&B

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Welcome to the showcase, Mr. Jones smile This is a great first submission - it's got really strong vocals, and the arrangement job here is seriously on point. It sounds really professional. The groove is great too - really easy to tap your foot to. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the local country station.

Thanks so much for sharing - can't wait to hear more from you!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Great man!

You worked this style really well! Nothing is messy, just very well done.

Great song.

Excellent mix and production too. You kept it simple and warm. Good for you. That's how you do it!

Welcome to the forum!

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
These Lonely Streets - By Mr Jones

I walk along these lonely streets, with nothing on my mind.
I take a trip down Memory Lane, to see what I can find.
I reminise about that kiss, in the days when the sun always shone.
But now the sun's set, there's nothing left, the memories have all gone.

I trace my footsteps, in the darkness, down Lonely Avenue.
Hoping by some chance, you'll still be there.
Your silhouette danced in the moonlight, the moonlight so blue.
Starlight flickered so gently, in your golden hair.

I ride along these broken highways, I take the long road home.
If it's a road that leads me nowhere, I ride it on my own.
With no remorse, I'll stay the course, and discover where this old road goes.
Maybe a gohst town, I can settle down, no one really knows.

I trace my footsteps, in the darkness, down Lonely Avenue.
Hoping by some chance, you'll still be there.
Your silhouette danced in the moonlight, the moonlight so blue.
Starlight flickered so gently, in your golden hair.

Repeat verse one and chorus.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks for the welcomes and compliments everyone... I've been writing songs and playing with home recording for decades and it's still nerve racking posting new stuff to new people, so I really appreciate the feedback. smile

I'm more a rockabilly than a country guy (though my musical taste on whole covers lots of things), so this song is a little bit out of the ordinary for me, but as soon as I heard the artist performace track, I knew I had to write a song for it... The ready made music almost wrote the lryics for me and I'm loving BIAB's ability to quickly make ideas come to life.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome to the forum. Ireally enjoyed this. Super vocal

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mr. Jones,

A good sound to this. Very nice vocal. The background vocals were well done. A good mix.

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd

Yes, welcome indeed Mr. Jones!! As Floyd said, very nice vocal. You've captured a bit of a retro feel, in a very nice way. Song has a very tangible and powerful emotion to it. Really, really, well done!! Come back soon! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome!

What a great classic country voice you have. Love the harmony too. Really enjoyed listening. Great first post.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I agree that you have a great voice for this classic country song.
All the work you put in harmonising the lead vocal and the ooohs throughout are not wasted- its an impressive sounding mix for a first post and I thoroughly enjoyed the song.
Welcome to the forum!

Robert

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Your voice fits so perfectly with this style of music! This sounds so professional. I'm in awe. Great share and thanks for posting it up to the user showcase. I agree I would have loved to see the lyrics! Maybe next time.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mr. Jones,

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd

I think Floyd bailed it. I fully agree with him. And, personal welcome to the forums. Love your true country voice. This is the kind of country i grew up on and played so many years. This was a real delight! Best to you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Oh wow, sorry I went AWOL for a while and missed these lovely comments, thanks all, it's much appreciated. Hopefully I'll get time (and inspiration) soon to do some more. All my time in BIAB over the last week or so has been exploring it's various features in a bit more depth.

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Your voice fits so perfectly with this style of music! This sounds so professional. I'm in awe. Great share and thanks for posting it up to the user showcase. I agree I would have loved to see the lyrics! Maybe next time.

Thanks Ember, but I did post the lryics eventually so they are at least in the thread. grin

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice country /folk song vocals do suit this genre Jim Reeves comes to mind well done on this was a joy to listen to.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195