Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#354158 06/16/16 09:15 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
After months without being able to upload and post anything, I was finaly able to do it during nigh-time.... when Pinoy students are sleeping and not using the net here...;)

So what can I do when I can hardly upload or listen to anything on soundcloud? Well, compose and produce more music is one option I love to do, so I have done that, big time... Is everything good? Well, this is the way I use to do it.. During days, I make music. In the evening me and my wife (to be) sitting down and listen trough it. When approved from her, and I also think it's good, I put in a designated folder for uploading...

A little bit insecure if I will post one by one song, or if it's ok to put up an entire album here? U guys have to advice me on that....

So, I take my chances and post my entire latest album; "Band Mix".. U don't need to listen to all, just give it a listen on one or a few and comment on it... After a while, perhaps I have comment on all...if it's good or not...

"Band Mix" is a mix of different styles.. Some New Age, some Jazz Funk and Smooth Jazz...

Band Mix

All comments, critics, praise, recommendations, advice and so on, are so very appreciated ! Love u guys !

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
Trygve Larsen #354187 06/17/16 04:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Leo,

I put your album on and let it play in the background as I made my lunch, and eventually listened to the whole thing.

I think you have some good stuff here, but my bet is that the time commitment required to listen all the way through will keep most people from listening to any of it.

Also, it's hard enough to comment intelligently on one song at a time... my old man brain just can't remember what I heard 3 songs ago.

My suggestion (assuming you want people to listen and comment) is to bite the bullet and submit one song at a time. Even then, there are so many songs being posted on the forum that its a challenge to catch anybody's ear.

Having said all that, I think my favorite is the one with classical guitar. I'd say more, but it was several songs ago, and now all I can remember is that the one I liked had classical guitar. ;-)

I liked different thinks about all of them, but... its easier to comment when the song is fresh in one's memory!

Trygve Larsen #354190 06/17/16 05:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Trygve,

like Pat said: "... my old man brain just can't remember what I heard 3 songs ago."
17 songs is just too much.
But there is a lot of good stuff going on.
If you post one song after the other you got the opportunity to give some more information. For example where that organ solo of "Organic Love" comes from.
I'm looking forward to enjoy one at a time.

Guenter

Trygve Larsen #354213 06/17/16 09:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Trygve !:))

I listened to Misunderstood
and it sounded very nice to me
A smooth cozy jazzy tune it is !
I liked it very much !

Cheers
Dani

Trygve Larsen #354232 06/17/16 11:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, I just don't have enough time, I did listen to Autumn Groom.
It's a beautiful piece. The percussion is interesting, the guitar solo part was really nice. I'll get back for more listens when I can.

Kenny

Trygve Larsen #354251 06/17/16 03:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Leo,

Looks like you've been very busy - some really nice stuff here...

Bob

Trygve Larsen #354265 06/17/16 11:06 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks a lot all of u guys for friendly and kind words and advice ! I really appreciate it a lot!

Yeah, can understand what u r saying, so I'm going to post one by one from now one... Just a bit afraid to flood this forum with my tracks... Especially in a time when my internet is so slow during daytime that I can hardly open any track on soundcloud my self and listen to ur songs and give feedback !

But better times will come... Elected President Duterte pushing the internet provider companies to provide better service, if not he will take in companies from other countries to make harder competition here...

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
Trygve Larsen #354274 06/18/16 03:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Trygve,
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Just a bit afraid to flood this forum with my tracks...
No need flooding the forum. Just post one song a week and everything is fine.

Guenter

Trygve Larsen #354279 06/18/16 05:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
the internet intensive part is uploading the songs, and they're all already uploaded separately.... all you need now is to post a link to one at a time, with a little blurb about RT used and any comments you want to make about the song. That shouldn't take much time even when internet traffic is slow.

Trygve Larsen #354317 06/18/16 01:48 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I would like to know the title of the one with classical guitar so I can go straight there.

I listened to most of these Trygve and found they held together quite well. All in all I would say it works nicely as an ambient album.

I have no problem pointing people to albums since I released 4 in 4 different genres last month. They are on the the usual markets. I feel if people want to listen to them or download a track they will, at least they know they are there.

So intrinsically, I have no problem with folks releasing albums and pointing us to them.

But as others have said, I guess it is hard to listen to more than one song per artist per week, because I try and keep up with everyone.

Hope that makes sense.

Trygve Larsen #354323 06/18/16 02:15 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Leo,
We listened to Misunderstood.
It is nice and groovy!

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Trygve Larsen #354331 06/18/16 02:58 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Trygve,

Couple of questions.

1.) You don't look like a native of the Philippines. I could be wrong though. But how did you get there?

2.) I thought the Philippines was the call center capital of the universe. How do you guys do 80% of the outbound calling in the world with no Internet?

3.) Have you considered running for president yourself, on a free the music, free the people, free the mind platform?

Just a thought.

Trygve Larsen #354340 06/18/16 03:25 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank's guys... Will do today...

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
Trygve Larsen #355229 06/25/16 01:17 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I listened to Misunderstood Poems. It is very well put together, lyrical and engaging.

much enjoyed!

Trygve Larsen #355560 06/28/16 10:02 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
I sampled through several. You music is always very pleasant!! You certainly have a knack as a composer/arranger. Wish I had more time to listen. Very nice!! Take care. Greg

gruverider #355598 06/28/16 09:56 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: gruverider
I listened to Misunderstood Poems. It is very well put together, lyrical and engaging.

much enjoyed!

Thank's Gruverider !

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
David Snyder #355599 06/28/16 10:14 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
I would like to know the title of the one with classical guitar so I can go straight there.
I listened to most of these Trygve and found they held together quite well. All in all I would say it works nicely as an ambient album.
I have no problem pointing people to albums since I released 4 in 4 different genres last month. They are on the the usual markets. I feel if people want to listen to them or download a track they will, at least they know they are there.
So intrinsically, I have no problem with folks releasing albums and pointing us to them.
But as others have said, I guess it is hard to listen to more than one song per artist per week, because I try and keep up with everyone.
Hope that makes sense.

Sorry David ! I overlooked the post of u ! Very thankful to u for taking the time to listen ! The classical guitar is 2200:Guitar, Nylon, Background CountryBrent Ev 085. And yes, I agree to u saying it's probably hard to listen to alot of tracks... So much good music out there ! Wish I just had a better speed here, so I could listen to all ur tracks !

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Trygve,
Couple of questions.
1.) You don't look like a native of the Philippines. I could be wrong though. But how did you get there?
2.) I thought the Philippines was the call center capital of the universe. How do you guys do 80% of the outbound calling in the world with no Internet?
3.) Have you considered running for president yourself, on a free the music, free the people, free the mind platform?
Just a thought.

No, I am a Norwegian, retired to the Philippines in 1999... Enjoying a relaxing life here ever since !
We have Internet here, but it's one of the slowest in the world.... Not much competittion... Even hard to open this forum sometimes !
Yes, I will run for President when Duterte is killed... blush 50 million Peso on his head from the Gangsters here...;)

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
Greg Johnson #355600 06/28/16 10:18 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I sampled through several. You music is always very pleasant!! You certainly have a knack as a composer/arranger. Wish I had more time to listen. Very nice!! Take care. Greg

Thank's Greg ! It's just too easy in BiaB ! But enjoying it a lot....

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,574
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199