Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi
All just checkin out the new Izotope bundle and it looks cool.Alot of new features it seems.I have alot of time for Izotope I have to say ,everything from the UI to the education these products give are amazing.Has anyone bought it yet?Hugh

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/master-and-deliver/ozone.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4qrTjtDa1gIVzZPtCh3w4AiOEAAYASAAEgIuR_D_BwE

Hugh2 #432459 10/05/17 02:04 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I'm a huge Ozone fan too.

If anyone is interested in upgrading from earlier versions, here are the upgrade prices.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/master-and-deliver/ozone/pricing.html

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Hugh2 #432460 10/05/17 02:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve been using Ozone from the beginning. Used in moderation, it’s amazing and essential. I haven’t upgraded yet. I found the presets in version 6 weren’t as flexible as in version 5 and I stopped upgrading. Based on your post, I’ll take another look.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Hugh2 #432477 10/05/17 05:32 PM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Anyone using Neutron yet? I have the latest bundle (before Neutron) with Ozone 7 advanced and I am sure I "need" Ozone 8 advanced but Neutron advanced seems very interesting. especially the visual mixer. If I just upgrade to Ozone 8 advanced it'll set me back $150 but $300 gets me Ozone 8 advanced and Neutron advanced. My kids' inheritance keeps shrinking!

Hugh2 #432493 10/05/17 10:39 PM
Veteran
Veteran
John,

David Snyder (at least I think it was David) was singing Neutron's praises a couple of weeks ago. (I can't seem to locate his post, though).

Janice And Bud also used it in this song.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #432550 10/06/17 08:50 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, I heard my name being used so I thought I would pop in and see what was up.

smile

Yes, I do think Neutron elements is wicked cool. I have so many plug ins I almost hesitated at another plug in but I use the Neutron percussive preset now (with a few other things) on Real Drums every time and it really brings them to life. WAY punchier. Brings out the skin and the smack, as they say.

I love the way it analyzes your track and suggests the starting point. Great on many instruments, but I can't live without it now for drums.

And considering I got it free (I think, or maybe $29) I have no plans of giving it back.

Hugh2 #432562 10/06/17 09:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran
David, sorry to sidetrack here:

Did you first try adjusting the Tone slider in the mixer for RealDrums? Many do not realize it is there (you have to widen the mixer), nor realize the affect it can have to brighten the drums considerably. And if you are aware of that, do you then leave it at zero and do the tonal adjustments in Neutron? Just curious. Thanks.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Hugh2 #432582 10/06/17 01:03 PM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Thank you Noel! I will check out Janice and Bud's song!

Hugh2 #432583 10/06/17 01:05 PM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Thanks David! I never cared much for Alloy 2 so I'd just use Ozone during mixing. But Neutron really interested me, especially that visual mixer and the integration with Ozone 8.

I think Izotope is gonna get another $300 from me!

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 10/06/17 01:06 PM.
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Back Again
So I had Ozone 7 and Neutron and I downloaded the trial version of Nuetron 2,
It is safe to say its really great.They have a plugin called a Visual Mixer and its brilliant.I put it on the Master bus and wherever Nuetron is on a track it appears in the Visual Mixer and you can mess about with Pan,Stereo width and volume for all tracks with Nuetron on the one window.
It makes the Mix I had done sound like its Mastered already clarity wise.
As I am relatively new to production I am easily impressed I admit but after BIAB this is the best product ive tried.I know I have to spend money on other things but......back to robbin banks to fund my music addiction lol

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Matt!

Awesome!!!

Like you said, I never knew that was there. Gee, I wish I had known that three years ago!!

Oh, well, better late them never.

Anyway, it works great but I can still see using some Neutron and other stuff I have anyway, they do even more to "bring those skins to life"--that's the best way I can put it.

But thanks for the most important find I have had in the past three years.

Doh.

Hugh2 #432597 10/06/17 03:07 PM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Matt, is there a completely dry setting? If I'm planning to process in the mix in my DAW I think I'd prefer purely dry.

Veteran
Veteran
JohnJohnJohn,

You can use the RealDrums picker or right click sub menu to list variations for each drum track. Not all do but some of the RealDrum tracks are available without effects. The best example I'm aware of is the surf music drum tracks with the heavy reverberation.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Hugh2 #432653 10/07/17 05:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran
I'll be upgrading Ozone7 Advanced to Ozone8 Advanced for $149.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Hugh2 #432693 10/07/17 12:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran
For me it seems pretty much a no-brainer. Thanks! smile

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Hugh2 #432716 10/07/17 06:13 PM
L
Expert
Expert
L
I've got this offer:

Upgrade from Music Production Bundle 2 Reg. $499
$299 USD through October 31, 2017
Upgrade to Music Production Suite and get new products including Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and RX 6 Standard.

Learn More about Music Production Suite

I think I'll pass as I've only just bought the previous Music Production Bundle 2. However, I'm wondering if I'm wasting precious time learning an older product? Let me know if you guys think it's way better and easier. I'm assuming it's more automated etc.

Hugh2, you sound well impressed. grin

Last edited by lambada; 10/07/17 06:15 PM.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Veteran
Veteran
JohnJohnJohn,

One of the first things a friend advised me to do in BIAB 2014 was to turn off all the reverb on drums with the reverb slider if I wanted to export them dry and add my own reverb.

I have no idea what it took me 3 years to find the tone slider Matt pointed out but I guess we will save that for another forum.

wink

rharv #433213 10/12/17 01:40 PM
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Back again with an update
Ive been trying out Nuetron 2 on trial and it was super and I have just started messing about with Ozone 8 and it absolutely amazing even compares to Ozone 7.
A few things stand out so far the Reference Track which basically models ur track around the reference track and a tonal balance plugin that matches the overall tone to something im not quite sure yet.
Also with Ozone 8 the plugins on the mix communicate with the Nuetron plugins and this is exciting because you can kinda I think go back into the mix easier to fix things that are wrong in the master.
Also I see if you are upgrading they brought the price down 100 dollars to 199 for the ozone 8/nuetron 2 advanced bundle.
Alot of the plugins got upgraded too for instance you can set the Luffs threshold on the Maximizer and the plugin finds the right amount on compression required.
Yeah just love it and again Ive heard all the experts say that if its a bad mix its a bad mix and I think that still totally holds through.I tried a really bad mix and it still sounded awful lol even on this programme,Interested if anyone has had time to check it out a bit Hugh

Last edited by Hugh2; 10/12/17 01:41 PM. Reason: missed a word
Hugh2 #433301 10/13/17 12:22 PM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi Back again with an update
Ive been trying out Nuetron 2 on trial and it was super and I have just started messing about with Ozone 8 and it absolutely amazing even compares to Ozone 7.
A few things stand out so far the Reference Track which basically models ur track around the reference track and a tonal balance plugin that matches the overall tone to something im not quite sure yet.
Also with Ozone 8 the plugins on the mix communicate with the Nuetron plugins and this is exciting because you can kinda I think go back into the mix easier to fix things that are wrong in the master.
Also I see if you are upgrading they brought the price down 100 dollars to 199 for the ozone 8/nuetron 2 advanced bundle.
Alot of the plugins got upgraded too for instance you can set the Luffs threshold on the Maximizer and the plugin finds the right amount on compression required.
Yeah just love it and again Ive heard all the experts say that if its a bad mix its a bad mix and I think that still totally holds through.I tried a really bad mix and it still sounded awful lol even on this programme,Interested if anyone has had time to check it out a bit Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Where did you see they brought the price down another $100 for O8/N2? I just checked and it is still saying $299. Although prepared to send them $300 I'd much prefer to only send $200! laugh

H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi John,
Wait off its definitely gone down from 299 to 199 for the upgrade.I think I got an email saying "we listened to you".I'l check see where that link is and come back to you,I tried to buy today at 199 but had a problem with address verification,Hug

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,465
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195