Go To
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
C
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
C
Hi guys,

When I try to transfer my audio track to a performance track, if I listen to the performance tracks I can not hear anything. Nothing has been transferred. I lost all the recorded audio!!

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Cattura.PNG (43.07 KB, 122 downloads)
Last edited by cubalibre; 12/14/17 09:43 AM.
C
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
C
I view the created files. The file .bt1 is missing.

C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Once you have moved the track, you have to regenerate the song for the audio track that has been moved to a Performance Track to play and you hear sound.

The .bt1 is irrelevant.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/12/17 04:06 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
C
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
C
Hi Charlie,
I can't see menu's option,how i can regenerate the song as you said?
I am able to regenerate the whole song not only the audio track moved to performace track.
Thanks in advance

P.S. What is the .bt1 file?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Cattura.PNG (32.36 KB, 91 downloads)
Last edited by cubalibre; 12/13/17 02:55 AM.
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Here are the steps I did to import audio and move it to a Performance Track and get it to play. You are correct. Just creating and moving audio to a Performance Track does not generate sound which if rendered shows 0 bytes.

Import audio
Play to be sure the track plays and is in sync
From the Audio Menu, select Move audio to Performance Track
From the menu of the window that opens, select a track (I chose Soloist the same as you)
In version 2018, the style MUST be enabled for the Performance Track to play sound. (I don't recall that from version 2017 so that may or may not be an issue. Just be sure to check that the style is enabled.)

Use the Generate and Play transport button or shortcut key F4. (This is the Green Triangle Button on the Transport Tool Bar )

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/14/17 03:15 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
C
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
C
Charlie,

I did as you said and now it works. Regenerating the song is very important!

Thanks you

C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Glad it's working now. I hope you enjoy multitracking in BIAB as much fun as I do.

L
Expert
Expert
L
I'm amazed. I never knew you could do this until quite recently. So many things hidden away. Now to find a reason! grin

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: lambada
I'm amazed. I never knew you could do this until quite recently. So many things hidden away. Now to find a reason! grin

Reason #1 is it is actually fun to play around with. Especially if you are just spending time learning your BIAB software.

Another reason that may be useful to some is the ability to create a completely unique instrument track. To explain. One of the criticisms I've heard and seen written about using BIAB in a commercial, professional grade recording is that it's possible if a popular RealTrack is included in the project, the track may be recognizable. To make it possible to eliminate or greatly reduce the frequency of a recognizable riff being repeated throughout a song is quite easy applying these techniques from within BIAB without need for export to RealBand or a DAW. A technique I use often on a RealTrack guitar where a certain riff repeats to often for my satisfaction is to search for another style which the same artist is playing the same instrument but with a different strumming or fingerpicking pattern. I can alternate between the two guitars as many as 10 times on the same track throughout a song and focus on those bars where the familiar riff sounds. This works well with alternating between a f/p and strummed guitar and the benefit is two fold. First, you eliminate a recognizable riff and second, the odds are totally astronomical of anyone else that uses BIAB and that RealTrack of being able to accurately duplicate the unique track you've created. Remember, the BIAB search engine will have all of the additional RealTracks audio of each instrument to apply to your track so using two RT's of the same instrument but different style will double the amount of audio BIAB can choose to use with each individual instrument having different audio than the other. Five instruments provides 5 times the time of audio recording to use and so on. Note that I'm saying the same instrument in this example but the additional realtrack audio recordings will increase the same if you use any instrument. Assume for this conversation a single track in your project uses all 10 available slots and the average RT audio recording for an instrument is one hour. Using this method increases that one hour to 10 hours. So even the BiAB user with the most basic package can easily and quickly create tracks that are for all practical purposes, nearly impossible to duplicate.

These techniques are available to both MAC and PC users.

These multitrack techniques are the same as what the Beatles, Geoff Emerick and George Martin used to create their masterpiece LP, Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band on a 4 track recorder. BIAB gives us double that as an 8 track recorder. Multitrack techniques provide the means to use a device with limited physical tracks, to virtually unlimited tracks. Add to that fact BIAB includes thousands of hours of recorded real audio that will play to any key or tempo by some of the world's best session players and artists that's recorded with quality equipment in studio quality environment, the ability to use and add your own unlimited midi and you have a very robust multitrack recorder. I have a very enjoyable time replicating old school techniques as a hobby with my Biab software. Of course, all of this can be done with modern DAW's effortlessly and it's not a hobby everyone will enjoy or want to pursue. I'll say that it takes more skill to do these things in BIAB than in any DAW.

I'll end here by saying one of the major obstacles to musicians making quality recording is they do not fully understand or even know the ins and outs of their DAW, multitrack recorder or other gear. Using BIAB as a multitrack recorder is a grand way to learn the program thoroughly.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/15/17 12:23 PM.

L
Expert
Expert
L
Thanks Charlie. Food for thought. I'll give it a spin.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,455
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195