Hi
I have spent weeks (literally) trying to figure out how to get BIAB to generate both chords and lyrics in sync with the songs for our band. (Weddings and corporate gigs)

We want (as many do) to have a on stage display of both the chords (timing) and lyrics in front of us, because we have many many songs to remember. Also we want to be able to substitute BIAB from time to time with real bass players and drummers. To do this we all need to see the beat, the chords and lyrics. like this:

Sounds simple, right?
Doesn't BIAB already do this in the big lyrics window? What is my problem?

Well, it is like this, the big lyrics window does not display the chords either in time, or comprehensively. For example, if you have entered chords as well as lyrics, the bar numbering and timing are not shown.

So I tried to figure out an answer using the other displays, but the sheet view doesn't have the capability of the lyrics window in terms of size or karaoke-like lyric timing. And it cannot be set up to show just the parts that are being sung. So I was caught between one and the other.

In the end I decided to just make movies of the chord displays - i have attached an example. (Aerosmith)
http://philcheney.com/music/Aerosmith%20idwtmat.wmv

BUT this takes huge amounts of time for each song, and it is all avoidable with one of the following simple options.

1 Amend BIAB lyrics screen to have the option to show the chords, as they are played, at the same time as the lyrics, but IN TIME with the song. This would involve a seperate, timed window for the chords that plays in sync with the karaoke type lyric display.

2 Have an export function for a .lrc format file, so that both lyrics and chords can be downloaded and played over the top of any audio file output from BIAB using minilyrics which is free. This would still require joining the two lrc files into one display, so it is not the best option, but it would be still a big help.

Or 3 (The best option I think, and probably a really cool saleable extra product for PG music) Make a program that takes the musicXML output already available from BIAB and many other DAWs, and from that create a professional stage prompt output that does the following cool things. A UK firm sells a product for this purpose http://stageprompt.co.uk/, but it is no where near as good as BIAB could do.

Here is my wishlist.
On screen one:
A Display the lyrics in Karaoke style in a window and font size of the band's choice. (ie BIG enough to be seen by a myopic bass player 10 feet away)
B Display the Chords in a second window (with at least the next 2-4 chords shown in a scrollable list)
C Display an (optional) metronome window for the drummer
D display a band setup window, which holds simple instructions for when to come in, who is to sing what parts etc.
E An optional riff or lead window that displays one of the tracks (Say a bass line) would also be nice to have.

On screen two: (For the rear PROJECTOR during the gig)
Provide a synced movie or graphic that can also show the things you want the audience to see, like words for the chorus, etc.

I think this would be enormous help to bands. And solo artists who want backing.
Please consider.
thanks
Philosofree

Philosofree
Toronto
CANADA