Especially on features not on (or known about) in my old (2006) version. In no particular order.

1. I like the Song Form feature. As often as not I'm actually "writing" the song in BIAB rather than entering chords worked out on guitar. This allows me to create sections that can be repeated, moved, etc. as the overall structure of the song takes shape.

2. I like the Freeze Track feature, though it scares me a little.

3. The ability to write independent of what I can play on guitar. I know a lot of chords, but not every extension by a long shot. Along with this is the ability to change key without any thought to whether I can play the song. If I've entered chords "found" on guitar, but it suits to have an Eb or even be in the key of Eb, no worries.

4. Of course, the Real Tracks. They sound great, there are a daunting number, and seemingly inexhaustible variety of them, and they can be added, changed, taken away for juice and less juice and different "colors". Also, the riffs they provide make the "Band" feel like creative partners.

5. I also like that BIAB has not forgotten midi and the powerful features in editing and sound-driving inherent in it.

6. Having access to so many more styles is also priceless.

I spent three months of my last raise and then some on this (and ancillaries, like new 'phones) but I am excited, inspired, and anxious to wring as much out of the capabilities of BIAB and RB as I can discover. I think I've created a new "piece" (or at least a solid beginning of a new piece) every other day since the install.

Thanks to the Forum Members and PG Staff who have helped me so far. I am picking brains as fast as I can because I'm not going to be so internet connected in a few more weeks.

T.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground