PG Music Home
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Windows 11 vs biab ver. 2019 - 11/14/23 02:23 PM
I just upgraded to Windows 11, my computer runs great. I am on ;Biab 2019 and the sound is now cutting out, some instruments hardly play.....clues..suggestions?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/14/23 02:29 PM
Set the audio in BIAB to MME. I suspect the default is WAS which has always been a problem for me.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/14/23 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by MusicStudent
Set the audio in BIAB to MME. I suspect the default is WAS which has always been a problem for me.

Same here. WAS has never worked for me.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/14/23 02:48 PM
I concur, but it does depend on the sound card you use and the quality of the drivers. MME, the Windows WDM driver, should always work. WAS works great on some systems but horribly on mine. ASIO is unnecessary unless you are recording but the buffers need adjustment in all cases anyway
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/14/23 02:58 PM
Oh, duh ... that worked. Everything was set back to default!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/14/23 03:15 PM
If you mean, Return to Factory Settings, you have an option, Most, that preserves your drivers settings.
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/21/23 04:49 PM
Well, issues are still coming up. I changed to MME, then to ASIO (Audio box) .. now I'm getting a pop-up that just says ASIO for All v.2 bbw64.exe. If I continue when I try to export to mp3 I get a message "Division by zero" and then everything freezes.

I did another reset and all is working. I've never had biab be glitchy ... only after upgrading
to W11
Posted By: DrDan Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/21/23 05:26 PM
What exactly are you using for a sound device? Is it internal to the Win 11 machine or did you also transfer over an external USB device? That likely requires updated drivers.

You should not be using ASIO unless you are recording Audio in the Win11 machine. And it that case you would likely require an external Audio device. Again check for updated drivers.

Otherwise, the MME should work fine. But be sure your Win Drivers are set to the same sample rate (44.1 vrs 48 MHz) as any devices you may be using.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/22/23 04:29 AM
Users have had BIAB running fine on Windows 11 machines for a few years now. There still appears to be something about your settings.

Please give us the steps you use to export to MP3. And are you saying after doing a Return to Factory Settings in BIAB, it works to export a BIAB song to MP3?
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/22/23 04:49 PM
I decided the best course of action was to uninstall and go from there. It seems to have worked.... so far. Thanks for all your suggestions. I just use biab for practice. I created backup files to play along with; occasionally my music partner and I will use the guitar tracks when playing out. Sometimes it is difficult (where we live) to find someone who will play guitar for us smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 11/22/23 04:58 PM
Just a guess, but during the installation process, BIAB 'associates' quite a few file types in Windows with this program. I can speculate that some broken association having to do with MP3 was repaired by the reinstall.

There is a separate menu command to make those associations (I'll find it later, but perhaps someone else can) and next time, try that first.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 12/02/23 07:16 AM
I'm using BIAB 2023 on Windows 10. Here's what I did in Windows 10. However, I don't know if these instructions will work in Windows 11 I guess it's worth a try:

1. Click on the File tab
2. Go down to "File Utilities" and click on that option
3. On my computer, the 9th option (counting down from the top) is "Associate File Types (song styles) With Windows". Click on that option and hopefully, you will be good to go.

Alan
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 12/22/23 02:12 AM
I'm still having problems with "division" error and biab freezing. It works for a while. I have an external Audio Box and using ASIO Audio Box driver. I've tried them all. They all work for a bit then I start getting the error again.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Windows 11 vs 2019 - 12/22/23 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by Victoria Johnson
I'm still having problems with "division" error and biab freezing. It works for a while. I have an external Audio Box and using ASIO Audio Box driver. I've tried them all. They all work for a bit then I start getting the error again.
I would try Return To Factory Settings > All, then set the Audio Settings to MME and try hard to see if you can reproduce the issue. Hopefully that will assist to narrow the item down.

(Save the existing preferences as a backup file first)
© PG Music Forums