PG Music Home
Posted By: thomasc Audio Recording Bugs - 01/08/24 08:03 PM
There are a number of things that are somewhat wobbly with audio recording.

Audio Plugins Mgmt
For some reason plugins will not be saved in slot 1. If it's set in slot 2 then it's saved with the song ...

Another bug/problem reported in post back in March 2023
When an initial audio recording is made and saved with unchecked "Retain ..." nothing is saved.
There is just an empty wav file created.
There is a default setting when initially saving with a checked "Retain ..." which is not logical as there is no previous recording.
A better logic should be implemented.
Also the unchecked "Retain ..." option does not work, it never deletes any audio after the latest take!

Another bug/problem reported way back
Editing Audio via the RH-button on the mouse disables the auto scrolling of the song.
Works ok via Edit menu and keyboard, i.e. ctrl+X/C/V. Either fix or remove function via RH-button.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/08/24 09:59 PM
Thomas,

What version and build of BIAB are you using?

--Noel
Posted By: thomasc Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/08/24 10:05 PM
Hi Noel

On the latest official version for Win
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/08/24 11:17 PM
Thanks, Thomas.

I'm involved with pre-testing the BIAB/RB builds before they are released to the public. I'll pass your comments onto the development team. I'll also give them the reference for this thread.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/09/24 03:04 AM
Hello Thomasc. I've enjoyed reading your posts.

I may be able to explain why audio plug-ins do not save in (insert) slot 1 of a track. I'm reasonably sure slot 1 of a track is reserved for use by the Band-in-a-Box multi-timbrel MIDI soft synth selected in the MIDI Options window. If no soft synth is selected slot one will be reserved for the Windows MIDI synth. Ths is a different approrch than most DAWs that have a MIDI soft synth per track.

I'm sorry but I can't help with the other two issues you mention.

Description: MIDI Options window with default soft synth highlighted
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/09/24 04:28 AM
Thomas,
A well articulated post.
"A better logic should be implemented."

Maybe something simpler/more standard than "retain" ?
Arm>Record (at any cursor position) Done. For Right click tools: Delete, cut, copy, slice.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/10/24 02:14 AM
I can duplicate the issue you describe with the "retain audio past last recorded" checkbox in the Keep Take dialog. However, audio plugins are saving correctly in my testing, and I don't understand the problem you describe with auto-scrolling...
Posted By: thomasc Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/10/24 11:56 PM
Audio Plugin Save
Gets saved in slot 2 but not slot 1.
Tested both on Win10 machine and also Win11 machine with fresh install of latest version.
Also tested with Reset to Factory settings.

Update Edit: After some fiddling with saving/opening and the problem still being there, suddenly saving in slot 1 was working and seems to be stable.
Feels like some kind of initialisation problem. Possibly not working for old files until a new file was saved with assignment to slot 1 ??? Just guessing as I cannot replicate the issue without the hassle of a complete reinstall.
FYI: Songs are saved on separate disk.

Auto Scrolling
In Audio Edit with the wave form showing, click right on the mouse, then click left on the mouse to close the ctrl XCV-window.
The window no longer updates = no auto scrolling as the song progresses.

Audio Offset Issue (bonus bug?)
Looping a song makes the audio offset starting one bar later.
Special case with a short demo snippet of 5 bars with two ending bars, then the audio is offset with 2 beats for every loop
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Audio Recording Bugs - 01/11/24 06:44 PM
In Audio Edit with the wave form showing, click right on the mouse, then click left on the mouse

Thanks, I see that now.
© PG Music Forums