PG Music Home
Posted By: Longwaytogoyet Editing Instruments - 01/24/24 04:57 AM
Hello again. You people had all the answers last time, so thanks for that. Now, I wonder if anyone can tell me how to add/ mute an instrument within parts of the song? ( i.e. Have an organ only play during a certain part of a song) . I've looked all over with no luck.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Editing Instruments - 01/24/24 05:58 AM
Hi,

The easiest way would be to use Bar Settings (the shortcut key is F5). Using these it's possible mute tracks at a specific bar and then return them "Back to normal" at the bar you want them to start playing at. The below video as made using BIAB 2019 so if you have an earlier version of BIAB, there may be some small differences. That said, the video will give you and insight into how to use these settings.

Regards,
--Noel

• a recent song of mine: Seven Years (with Kevin, a Synth V vocaloid)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Editing Instruments - 01/24/24 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by Longwaytogoyet
Hello again. You people had all the answers last time, so thanks for that. Now, I wonder if anyone can tell me how to add/ mute an instrument within parts of the song? ( i.e. Have an organ only play during a certain part of a song) . I've looked all over with no luck.
There are probably two ways to do this depending on whether you are using MIDI or RealTracks in the first 7 tracks OR if you are using Audio on a Utility Track.

If the first option is the one you use, then press function key <F5> and use bar settings to mute / resume / adjust volume etc.

If the second option, then open the track in the Audio Edit Window, select the required track, and adjust volume using the Volume Automation tool or Edit tool etc.
[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2024-01-24_17-01-52.jpg
Posted By: Longwaytogoyet Re: Editing Instruments - 01/24/24 06:18 AM
Well done -you're a star - muchas gracias ...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Editing Instruments - 01/24/24 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Longwaytogoyet
Well done -you're a star - muchas gracias ...

gracias por el gracias!
© PG Music Forums