PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/08/24 12:04 AM
I am selecting content on MultiTicker, and when I wanted to use it, I found that I forgot to select "Utility # 1..." in the Track position on MultiTicker. If I choose "Utility # 1..." now, the entire MultiTicker has been reset, and the content I just selected is missing.
What I mean is, can we keep the MultiTicker from resetting?

Attached picture 2024-02-08_080402.jpg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/08/24 01:31 AM
Thanks for finding and reporting the issue SwingBabyMix. Nice catch!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/08/24 01:49 AM
?
I don't understand what is resetting what...

Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
?
I don't understand what is resetting what...

Nice video, thank you for recording it for me.

Sometimes I go listen to a RealTrack or Loop Etc
I didn't choose the track first. But I have already selected a RealTrack, and then I went to select the track, so the RealTrack I just selected is gone, and I have to search again.

What I mean is, can I keep the realTrack or loop I have chosen stationary, but I can freely choose the track to put in.

I don't know if you understand what I mean.
For example, when I have prepared the dishes, I need to find a plate to put them on, but I find that the dishes are missing.
I have to put the plate away first before the dishes can be served
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/08/24 02:21 AM
Ok... DEMO you are talking about auditioning DEMOS! not the actual PLACEMENT of a track.
Yes, it is a know issue that I personally reported long time ago. Jim already reported the issue, I will "remind" that it was reported also.
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Ok... DEMO you are talking about auditioning DEMOS! not the actual PLACEMENT of a track.
Yes, it is a know issue that I personally reported long time ago. Jim already reported the issue, I will "remind" that it was reported also.

This problem is like a few years ago in STYLEPICKER, suddenly unable to find the style just now.
Later, a "refresh" button was added next to CLEAR. When you can't find the style just now, click "Refresh" to do it.
But what surprised me was that the "refresh" button was no longer available in BIAB2024. So, all the problems have returned to an unresolved state.

I just heard something and thought it was good. When I was about to use it, I couldn't find it again. This makes me feel very uncomfortable. I can't always remind myself to use a pen.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 777.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/08/24 04:35 PM
I would like to be sure I understood this correctly. Are you saying a feature that used to work was removed?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/08/24 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
I would like to be sure I understood this correctly. Are you saying a feature that used to work was removed?
SBM will hopefully reply, but I believe it's this Refresh button that was removed in 2024.

There doesn't appear to be any other option that provides the functionality that the former Refresh button provided.
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Are you saying a feature that used to work was removed?

Yes. “Refresh” function allows us to quickly find the content just clicked.

My question for this post is:

After I select my favorite content under MultiPicker, when I go to select a channel of mixer, can I still select my favorite content? The current state is going to disappear.

Posted By: jpettit Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/09/24 08:12 AM
This is by design.
Selecting the track has precedence over selecting a track content.
You can put in a request for it to work the other way around or to work both ways.
Originally Posted by jpettit
This is by design.
Selecting the track has precedence over selecting a track content.
You can put in a request for it to work the other way around or to work both ways.

So, how should I apply and what vocabulary should I use to make BIAB official understand.
Can you help me write it? Because my English is not good, I don't know how to express myself.
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
So : First select the track, then select RT.

So I can't listen to anything first.

If I want to listen to content, I have to select a track first.
This design is so awkward.
grin
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/09/24 12:48 PM
When you use the multipicker you have many choices. If you chose a style you can listen to each style with a simple double click of the mouse. this will play over the chords in the chord sheet. If you want to listen and a Real Track for instance you need to choose a track that you want to test it on. It works the same way. just localized on a track. I can't see how this is a problem. Let's say i am browsing for a guitar i would choose a track that I would want that guitar on and then go through options.
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
When you use the multipicker you have many choices. If you chose a style you can listen to each style with a simple double click of the mouse. this will play over the chords in the chord sheet.

If I'm browsing style, I often can't find the style I'm listening to. This is a problem that did not exist before, because there was a refresh button before, but this button was canceled in BIAB2024.

Originally Posted by Rob Helms
If you want to listen and a Real Track for instance you need to choose a track that you want to test it on. It works the same way.....

If I'm listening to RealTrack, I feel satisfied when I want to pick a track to put in it. When I click on the track, the RealTrack just disappeared. Just like what I saw in the video. This is very uncomfortable. This is a design that is not in line with human operating habits.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/09/24 10:57 PM
SwingBabyMix,

I agree with your thought that it should not make a difference when choosing track first and then instrument or instrument first and then track.

However it does make a difference and there is a reason. My understanding is this is so users can press the DEMO button and hear the existing instruments play the chords written on the chord sheet.

Select an empty track, highlight a RealTrack in the bottom part of the window and press the DEMO button. If you like what you hear double click on the RealTrack and it is added to the empty track.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle

I never clicked on the demo.

In fact, I think whether you click on the content first or click the track first. They should maintain an equal relationship. Instead of having to click track first.

Let all tracks be equal, if I remember correctly, this seems to be the slogan of BIAB in 2022.
It's 2024 now.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/10/24 01:22 AM
The DEMO button was added because some users want to hear how a RealTrack sounds in their song before adding the RealTrack to their song. For that feature to work the developers had to limit instrument selection to track/instrument. Otherwise you can end up with two RealTracks trying to occupy one track.

The +++ Band-in-a-Box Wishlist +++ forum section is the place to request changes. You need to request a change because this is not a bug; the limitation exists to support the DEMO button.

I know English is not your native language and you are worried your request maybe misunderstood. May I suggest that you use the wording in the quote below and also provide a link to this discussion.

Please change the MultiPicker RealTracks tab operation so a user can first select a RealTrack and then select a mixer track. This is in addition to the current method of first selecting a mixer track and then a RealTrack.
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle

hi.My language is not English, but the video can be understood, so I posted the video.
This question has nothing to do with DEMO. I won't discuss it.
My meaning has been made very clear, so I won’t repeat it.

I’m not going to add to the wish list either, I’ve already written too many.
Because I don’t have time to be bothered by a software.

I hope BIAB will get better and better.

Byebye
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: keep the MultiTicker from resetting? - 02/12/24 12:49 AM
SwingBabyMix:
So, how should I apply and what vocabulary should I use to make BIAB official understand.
Can you help me write it? Because my English is not good, I don't know how to express myself.
whether you click on the content first or click the track first. They should maintain an equal relationship. Instead of having to click track first.

Jim Fogle:
I know English is not your native language and you are worried your request maybe misunderstood. May I suggest that you use the wording in the quote below and also provide a link to this discussion.
Please change the MultiPicker RealTracks tab operation so a user can first select a RealTrack and then select a mixer track. This is in addition to the current method of first selecting a mixer track and then a RealTrack.

SwingBabyMix:
My meaning has been made very clear, so I won’t repeat it. I’m not going to add to the wish list either, I’ve already written too many.
Because I don’t have time to be bothered by a software.

Okay, your choice.

SwingBabyMix:
I hope BIAB will get better and better. Byebye

Me too. Byebye.
<< If I'm browsing style, I often can't find the style I'm listening to. >>
If you audition styles using the chord sheet, Styles are saved in the Recently Played Styles Folder Typing S4 in any bar on the Chord Sheet will open the Recently Played Styles Window and display up to 75 of recently auditioned Styles that have played over the Chord Sheet.

<< If I'm listening to RealTrack, I feel satisfied when I want to pick a track to put in it. When I click on the track, the RealTrack just disappeared. >>
If you find a RealTrack you want to use, type the RealTrack number into the 'Filter String' search box and regardless what Track you click on to load the RealTrack, it will be selected in the Search Results box. After loading it onto the desired track, erase the RealTrack Number from the 'Filter String' search box, all of the RealTracks will re-populate so you can continue reviewing RealTracks.

I've posted screen shot examples below.

Attached picture MTP Search.jpg
Attached picture double click selected.jpg
Attached picture Recent Styles Folder.jpg
Attached picture Save RealTrack.jpg
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
<< If I'm listening to RealTrack, I feel satisfied when I want to pick a track to put in it. When I click on the track, the RealTrack just disappeared. >>
If you find a RealTrack you want to use, type the RealTrack number into the 'Filter String' search box and regardless what Track you click on to load the RealTrack, it will be selected in the Search Results box. After loading it onto the desired track, erase the RealTrack Number from the 'Filter String' search box, all of the RealTracks will re-populate so you can continue reviewing RealTracks.

thanks!

I noticed that the right mouse button in RealTrack can display "Recent"

But when I clicked here, I didn't realize that I had just clicked on the "recent" RealTrack.

If this can display the recently clicked RealTrack normally. Then you can solve the embarrassment of RealTrack disappearing due to selecting a new track.

But when I clicked here, I didn't realize that I had just clicked on the "recent" RealTrack.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2024-02-12_104036.jpg
© PG Music Forums