PG Music Home
Posted By: sj1 Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted - 03/22/24 10:50 PM
Hi.

Back to BIAB after a break, I'm having an issue.

Some part of BIAB is sounding chord changes, even though I have muted all the Mixer tracks that show any signal.

[Linked Image]

Can anyone tell me where this might be coming from and exactly where to look to turn it off?

Thanks!

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2023 (1013)
64 bit application

Attached picture BIAB Mixer All Off.jpg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted - 03/22/24 11:18 PM
I had the identical issue a couple of times. Each time a return to factory settings eliminated the problem.

Attached picture 1 - Return to Factory Settings.jpg
If you were showing all tracks in the mixer you might see, sounds like the midi synth.
You may have active but hidden tracks.
Click the eye-like symbol bottom right of the mixer to select which tracks to show.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted - 03/23/24 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by musocity
If you were showing all tracks in the mixer you might see, sounds like the midi synth.

Mine were in the mixer but muting the track did nothing. Yes they were MIDI tracks. How they got there is still a mystery as I didn't use/play that track. Only return to factory settings solved the problem.

{edit} - Since no one else was having that problem I thought it was just my system so I didn't report it or ask for help. Now another user is having maybe the same problem?
Posted By: sj1 Re: Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted - 03/23/24 02:51 PM
Thanks to all for your comments, much appreciated!

Here is some further info.

After clicking on the "eye" I see at the bottom of the Mixer track list the track 'Default Synth'. All yesterday I never saw such, now I do.

OK, so it turns out the Default Synth is playing. That's the sound I hear, and I see the meter with signal. If I drop the volume slider on the Default Synth then the sound goes away. OK, good.

However, the Mute button for the Default Synth does not work. If I click on it, it flashes, but does not light and does not mute.

If I Solo the Default Synth, all the other tracks get muted, but the Default Synth track a) is neither Muted nor Soloed visually (IOW, neither M nor S button is lit), but b) is in fact silenced.

This behavior doesn't make sense to me. Is it a bug?

All the above is observation of the "problem state".
Posted By: sj1 Re: Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted - 03/23/24 02:53 PM
I did the reset 'Return ALL to Factory Settings' as described above.

This did solve the audio problem of the Default Synth being stuck ON.

Ctrl-T brought back the view I'm used to.

Yay, back to normal life. smile

Thanks again!
Originally Posted by MarioD
{edit} - Since no one else was having that problem I thought it was just my system so I didn't report it or ask for help. Now another user is having maybe the same problem?
I've had the problem, too. Definitely MIDI playing on the same track as an RT and not able to mute. I fought it for ages and it seems to be some kind of "stuck on the track" MIDI synth.

I didn't then try RTFS but I certainly shall if/when it happens again.
If you had the chord output set and an external device like MS GS Synth set.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture BB24-Chord-Output.png
© PG Music Forums