PG Music Home
Posted By: HogTime Insert silence into audio track? - 03/28/24 10:24 PM
I changed the structure of my song slightly and need to insert exactly two measures of silence into the vocal track for alignment with the music. How do I do this with Audio Edit window?
Thanks, Ralph
Posted By: DrDan Re: Insert silence into audio track? - 03/28/24 10:33 PM
What version of BIAB do you have Ralph?
Posted By: HogTime Re: Insert silence into audio track? - 03/28/24 10:36 PM
Got 2024. Just realized I meant "beats" not "measures". smile
Thanks
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Insert silence into audio track? - 03/28/24 11:04 PM
Open the Audio Edit Window
Expand the WAV form on the Track so the two beats can be clearly selected
Highlight the two beats
Edit\Insert Silence

Silence will be inserted into the two beat of that measure.

Attached picture Insert silence selection.jpg
Posted By: HogTime Re: Insert silence into audio track? - 03/29/24 12:32 AM
Charlie,

I didn't describe what I want to do well. What I want to do is "shift" the audio to the right by 2 beats at a particular place to get it to line up with the revised music.

I found out I can do this by Edit-Copy 2 beats of "no audio" between verses and then Edit-Paste(Insert) it before the next verse.

Thanks for getting me on the right track! smile Still got some problems to fix with the music, but audio OK now.

Ralph
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Insert silence into audio track? - 03/30/24 12:06 AM
No problem at all. It looks like you were able to get the issue fixed to your satisfaction and that's what counts.

I use Spleeter to isolate vocals in a lot of my projects where the audio wasn't recorded to a click track so I have to do quite a bit of audio copy/paste.
© PG Music Forums