PG Music Home
Posted By: Funkifized Horns, Playable Real Tracks, huh? - 04/04/24 11:42 PM
I'm using _POPMHRP.STY. I'm trying to recreate "Don't Pull Your Love" by Hamilton, Joe Frank, and Reynolds. Using Playable RealTracks, it gave me 067 - Tenor Sax, Blue [SNO830]. Not exactly a horn section. I'd like to address that, too, but I put a couple of voices in unison and started inputting the notes. Rhythms sound good, but there seems to be an artifact left over. There are still what sound like Real Track horns on that track, playing goose egg chords. I don't see them playing in the Piano Roll, just my Playable Track notes. How do I find them and delete them? I've got a "Mute Region" over this section, but no joy.

What is going on?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Horns, Playable Real Tracks, huh? - 04/05/24 01:01 PM
I have had a similar experience and the only thing that solved it was the return to factory settings, return most......, under options.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Posted By: Funkifized Re: Horns, Playable Real Tracks, huh? - 04/07/24 10:20 PM
Did not fix the problem. The background horns are there when I solo the horns part, so it's in that track. Just can't see them in any notation. They can't seem to be deleted.
Posted By: Funkifized Re: Horns, Playable Real Tracks, huh? - 04/08/24 01:32 AM
I just did the recent update, so there shouldn't be any weirdness that I'd done. I did return to factory settings-all. Didn't fix the problem.
Posted By: ari Re: Horns, Playable Real Tracks, huh? - 04/08/24 01:27 PM
The style you're using contains a background horn section (some kind of) on the 'Strings' track. It is a part of that style - built into it, so you are hearing it but cannot see it. It is automatic. Plays along with the chord changes.
You can mute the track if don't like it, but it is there when you reload your piece again. 'Freeze' keeps it muted.

To get rid of the 'Horns/Strings' background:
1. Right-click the track name > Track Actions > Erase Track. > 'OK'.
2. When back in the arrange/chord sheet window, right-click again the Track name > Track Settings > Rename track title. If it had changed to 'Guitar 2', rename it to 'Strings'. 'OK'
3. Again, back in the arrange/etc-window. Again, right-click track name (Strings) > Track Settings > Change track description. A small window appears with a blinking cursor. Leave it blank so it doesn't change the default track name (Strings). 'OK'.
4. The track is now empty so don't push play yet or the style generates and fills the track. Next you have to freeze the track.
5.Click the small square on the right side of the track name. BiaB asks 'Strings is empty, do you want to generate it first?' Click 'No'. (if you click yes BiaB generates the track and style automat strikes again). The star of the track's square turns to blue and shows the track is frozen.
So now hopefully you have this Strings/Horns track tamed.

There are also other ways to do this amputation: You can right click the track name and select 'Track Settings' > Click 'Strings track is enabled'. Clicking this makes it disabled. Track name turns grey and (although style automat still plays it) nothing comes out anymore.

Next step could be to make your own version of this style by editing it in Style Maker. But that will be another and a little different story.

I hope this helps. As a non-English-speaking foreigner I'm not sure if i wrote clearly enough.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Horns, Playable Real Tracks, huh? - 04/08/24 03:14 PM
[Linked Image]Ari is right on. 2024 shows this nicely in the Tracks View.

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-04-08 101315.png
© PG Music Forums