PG Music Home
The "pop liverpool" piano doesn't appear to respond to slash chords in the bass. This may be by design, but if not, I thought I should mention it.

Brian
Hi Brian,

I just tried it. It worked ok for me. Are you referring to playing the piano as a solo or having a bass instrument underneath it? I had electric bass #539 in the bass track and the slash chords played fine with the bass. If you are wanting the piano to play the slash chords, that might be a different story. I might be wrong, but I have always thought that the slash chords worked on the bass instruments. It will be interesting to see what others say.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel,

I feel sure that you are correct - a slash note is an altered bass note for effect and not piano
Brian
Quote:

The "pop liverpool" piano doesn't appear to respond to slash chords in the bass. This may be by design, but if not, I thought I should mention it.

Brian

Yes the slash chords are handled by the bass part in the song. Of course the perfect fit for the piano part combined with _BALADE Ctry Ballad w/el guit (85RS) is “Let it Be” by the Fab Four.

But there’s a section in the song at endings that goes:

F C/E G7/D C Bb F/A in one bar with F on a beat, C/E G7/D on half beats each; C on a beat and Bb F/A on half beats each.

Unfortunately BIAB cannot do chordal half beats at present but of course we hope it will in future. (nudge, nudge wink,wink). Or at least the ability to add these fragments of the instruments to a sequencer perhaps. I'm putting it in the wish list.

Cheers F
Thanks. We'll look into it. Slash chords should definitely be working for that piano style.
© PG Music Forums