PG Music Home
Posted By: Pete b Pops & Crackles - 05/03/10 05:10 PM
Hi guys & girls, I've got alot of pops and crackles in my real drum tracks and not sure how to over come it!
I've read web page after web page on how to streamline my system for audio, windows 7/64 is stripped down
to bare bones. biab10 seems to be generating on to the track rather than when playing the entire song.
the worst two being in the count in! Any one with ideas would be a hero in my book. I have no problems
with audio in sonar8 or ntrack studio but it does appear in realband! Pete b
Posted By: DrDan Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/03/10 07:57 PM
Suspect problems in ASIO setup. Can you confirm that MME is problem free?
Posted By: Pete b Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/03/10 08:08 PM
Hi Jazzmandan Just tried it and I still have it!
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/03/10 08:31 PM
Pete,
Information on your audio setup, i.e., what you are using to reproduce the audio, what settings you have in Windows, what settings you have in Band In A Box, and all of that will definitely help us help you.

Gary
Posted By: DrDan Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/03/10 09:17 PM
Quote:

Hi Jazzmandan Just tried it and I still have it!

I assume you are saying that the problems continue with MME drivers. Then Gary's query for more info on your setup is right on.
Posted By: manning1 Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/03/10 11:07 PM
Pete.
hi from a fellow kent bloke now livin in canada.
as others have said please post in depth details of your settings n computer system.
as well a your sound device. what is it ??
also post pics of your driver selections in sonar n ntrak.
difficult to help without more details.
one thing to do is look at your driver selections in your other daws
n test setting biab the same way.
Posted By: Mac Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/04/10 12:12 AM
Quote:

...biab10 seems to be generating on to the track rather than when playing the entire song.
the worst two being in the count in! ... Pete b

Hi Pete,

Could you clarify this one, I'm not understanding exactly what you are saying here.

Thanks,

--Mac
Posted By: rharv Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/04/10 11:46 AM
Turn off Fast Generation?
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/04/10 02:51 PM
Quote:

I have no problems
with audio in sonar8 or ntrack studio but it does appear in realband! Pete b

Is this a Band in a Box problem or Real Band? If it's RB, you're in the wrong forum. These are two separate programs, related but separate.
You really do have to give us the details about your system and exactly how your configuration settings are set up in either Biab or RB. It sounds like you have a Win 7 64 bit system but what else? Any interface? What are you using for sound, is it a $2,000 hardware synth or is it the on board sound chip on your motherboard or what? And, please be a bit more precise in your writing style I have no clue what you're trying to say here except you're hearing pops and crackles. That tends to be an ASIO problem but you're not saying if you even have ASIO loaded on your system. If you do and that's what you're using, check the buffer settings or switch to MME.

Bob
Posted By: rharv Re: Pops & Crackles - 05/04/10 07:38 PM
I think this is a clue from OP
"biab10 seems to be generating on to the track rather than when playing the entire song.
the worst two being in the count in!"

Sounds like fast generate in BiaB is still generating while trying to play.. and causes clicks especially at the beginning..
At least that is the first issue that comes to mind. It could use a better description though..

Anyone willing to explain how to turn off the fast generate feature?
Can it then be turned back on?
© PG Music Forums