PG Music Home
Hi everybody,

I have lived with this message for a long time now in windows 7 32 bit "band in a box application has stopped working" after I close the program.

I have posted before about it and people say its just a harmless message which I agree, but as its gone on for a long time and doesn't seem to be related to any synth such as the vsti that I am using I'm very curious as to what is causing it both in biab and realband.
Is everyone else with windows 7 living with the same message?

Surely by now PG have some idea of what is causing it and taking steps to remedy?
Quote:

I have lived with this message for a long time now in windows 7 32 bit "band in a box application has stopped working" after I close the program.

Is everyone else with windows 7 living with the same message?

Certainly not something I have routinely seen (if ever seen) on my Win7 machine.
I had it happen the other night on Vista. In my case, it is related to using my M-Audio Midi interface or USB to connect to my synth. When using Coyote Forte, I can't remember ever getting the error.

R
If you installed the VSC-DXi synth, whether you are using it or not, you will get this error in both Vista 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit. The VSC-DXi synth is dated and won't going to be upgraded to support the later operating systems (according to PGMusic). Assuming this is your problem, try removing the VSC-DXi from your computer, reboot, and see if the problem goes away. I know that's what worked on my computer. Of course, it could be something else, but I would start there as it is a known problem.
Quote:

If you installed the VSC-DXi synth, whether you are using it or not, you will get this error in both Vista 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit. The VSC-DXi synth is dated and won't going to be upgraded to support the later operating systems (according to PGMusic). Assuming this is your problem, try removing the VSC-DXi from your computer, reboot, and see if the problem goes away. I know that's what worked on my computer. Of course, it could be something else, but I would start there as it is a known problem.

hey, thanks, John! I've seen this problem talked about many times, but never noticed a solution until now. It worked! (I didn't even have to reboot)
Joe,

I get that message when I load Biab and my USB Midi cable is NOT plugged in. Biab is looking for the driver and it is obviously not there when it is unplugged. I am on Vista here.

Trax
Thanks a lot for replies. I like the sound of the vsc-dxi so I need to keep that installed.

Just have to live with this little niggle I guess.

Hello Joe,

Check in Device Manager under Display Adaptors to see if you have an NVIDIA graphics device. If so, installing the most recent drivers for that should fix the problem (www.nvidia.com)
Joe get rolands TTS it is close to VSC but better sound and more tweakable. Order or buy MC5 from cakewalk it includes it for $40
© PG Music Forums