PG Music Home
Posted By: Philsaxophone Bass Realcharts - 09/18/10 07:52 AM

I am just starting to use BinaB to produce notation for my group--Simple one to start with--Nat Adderly's Work Song as a Swing tune

I have got all the parts written and printed for C, Bb and Eb instruments and have also printed out some pretty good notation from the Piano and Guitar Realtracks that I have found and frozen in

What I cant seem to find is any Swing Bass part that has Realcharts associated with it

There are plenty of other Bass styles and some Bass solo Realcharts but nothing that would work as an accompaniment to a Swing Tune

I have the Ultrapluspak with the Summer pack added so I dont think I'm missing any Realtracks

I'm not a Bass player so perhaps to accompany swing tunes is too simple to bother making Realcharts for--just Root then walking line based on the chord??

Am I missing something about Realcharts

Tx

Phil
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bass Realcharts - 09/18/10 12:57 PM
Phil,

If I understand you correctly, it sounds as though you are after bass lines so that you can print notation for a bass player to play. If this is the case, you should consider the midi styles, too. There are some fantastic bass lines in midi styles and all have notation with them. I'm sure you've already discovered the Jazz (Swing) category in the style picker window. If you scroll down a bit, past the styles that begin with "=" or "_", you will find the midi styles. While the sound of the styles is very different from Realtracks, they have some amazing musical arrangements that could be invaluable to a group seeking ideas and notation. In my experience, the midi styles are a terrific musical resource.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Mac Re: Bass Realcharts - 09/18/10 01:53 PM
Yes, by all means audition some of the styles that have MIDI bass in them!

Mixing the MIDI string bass with RealTracks can often make that MIDI Patch sound much more realistic.

And since your goal is a written chart, those exist for ALL MIDI styles.

--Mac
Posted By: Philsaxophone Re: Bass Realcharts - 09/18/10 03:56 PM
Thanks guys

Just didnt think of using MIDI Bass line

Will try it now

Tx

Phil
© PG Music Forums