PG Music Home
Posted By: dmrodes Style changes on one bar... - 09/18/10 04:23 PM
Having a strange problem... using BIAB 2008.5 (265)
Working on 'Ability To Swing' - using the AG_ARETH Soulful Shuffle style (if anyone has a 'better choice for this tune, please tell me)
- and the chord sequence is B minor;Bflat aug;Bm/A;Fsharp minor 7-5.
When it hits the Bflat aug chord - it switches to a Rock & Roll style for that one bar only...??
If I change the chord to anything else for that bar, the style does not change..
Any clues???
Posted By: DrDan Re: Style changes on one bar... - 09/18/10 10:55 PM
Quote:

Having a strange problem... using BIAB 2008.5 (265)
Working on 'Ability To Swing' - using the AG_ARETH Soulful Shuffle style (if anyone has a 'better choice for this tune, please tell me)
- and the chord sequence is B minor;Bflat aug;Bm/A;Fsharp minor 7-5.
When it hits the Bflat aug chord - it switches to a Rock & Roll style for that one bar only...??
If I change the chord to anything else for that bar, the style does not change..
Any clues???

"Ability to Swing" sweet, love to hear how you work it out in BIAB.

I set it up like you say, and sure enough, while the style does not actually change, it does at that Bb aug get a little honky tonk sound reminesent of early rock and roll which kind of kills the "soulful swing" vibe. And sure enough when we replace the Bb aug with a Bb the honky tonk dissappers. Interesting!! Its the piano player, If you mute the piano for this single bar the honky tonk goes away. So just enter a "Bbaug.bdgs" and the rock feel goes away. Give it a try and see what you hear.

Otherwise - wrong style selection. Some one may suggest or if I stumble upon something I will post. This is a cool tune.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Style changes on one bar... - 09/18/10 11:28 PM
Maybe a nice midi version:

http://midi-hits.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?s...Jazz&_tc_=1
Posted By: Mac Re: Style changes on one bar... - 09/18/10 11:47 PM
Is the offending bar/chord happening with a Real Track piano or a MIDI Style?

If it is a MIDI based Style, it may be a siple matter of editing the style. Find the offending pattern and either weight it down low or even just remove it, save the style under a new name...

--Mac
Posted By: DrDan Re: Style changes on one bar... - 09/19/10 01:07 PM
Quote:

Is the offending bar/chord happening with a Real Track piano or a MIDI Style?

If it is a MIDI based Style, it may be a siple matter of editing the style. Find the offending pattern and either weight it down low or even just remove it, save the style under a new name...

--Mac

Yes, it is all midi with this style to start. But here is the confusion. BIAB should regenerate each time you press play, but yet every time I hear that honky-tonk piano riff over the Bbaug (...let me try that again to confirm). Even after 10 years of BIAB, this inner workings of this program continue to confuse, and amaze, me.

I bet we could also try to replace the midi piano with a RT. Let me give that a try. Still looking for a alternate style also. And may drop a few $'s for the midi version.
Posted By: dmrodes Re: Style changes on one bar... - 09/20/10 03:20 PM
It's the piano and the guitar that switch to the R&R riff - so yes, I can mute them... but then it sounds like 1/2 the band is taking a break for a measure... tried all variations of the Bflat aug chord - D +5 and a F sharp +5 - but the same thing happens... what a very strange bug....

Yes, the midi version is nice, but I really want to stick with 'homemade' BIAB tracks that don't sound WAY overdone like a midi version is.....

The AG_ARETH really isn't too bad for this tune.... but again, if anyone can find a more suitable one, let me know..
Thanks.
© PG Music Forums