PG Music Home
Posted By: Shakey Making a New Style. - 09/27/10 05:42 AM
Can someone tell me where to find the bit that tells you how to make your own style, yea I,m thik but I'm damned if I can find it.
Cheers Dave. By the way I'm using BIAB 2008.
Posted By: furry Re: Making a New Style. - 09/27/10 08:34 AM
Hiya Dave it gives you comprehensive instructions in the help file and there's also a video tutorial. Anyhoo, go to help / styles / style wizard
By the way would you be the same Shakey that plays pedal steel on you tube ?
Posted By: Shakey Re: Making a New Style. - 09/27/10 02:10 PM
Many thanx Graham, yes the same Shakey, I'm trying to figure out how to make a very simple style for a new number I have.
Cheers Dave.
Posted By: furry Re: Making a New Style. - 09/27/10 02:34 PM
Real tracks can provide you with a very simple solo piano for waltzes or slow ballads. They've come a long way since 2008. Nice to see you on here Dave, been enjoying your music for sometime
Posted By: Mac Re: Making a New Style. - 09/28/10 12:35 AM
Hi Shakey,

Also be sure to check your BiaB Pak to see if you got the Video Tutorials.

There is one, "Secrets of the STylemaker" that sounds like what you are looking for as well.

--Mac
Posted By: Widetrack Re: Making a New Style. - 10/11/10 09:31 PM
Mac:

I'm looking for Stylemaker help too, but can't find a "Secrets of the Stylemaker" video anywhere. I just got 2010.5 with a BIAB Disc and a Real Tracks disc.

Is there anywhere else I can find this?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Making a New Style. - 10/11/10 10:03 PM
You will find it here. I'm watching now.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.htm
Posted By: Widetrack Re: Making a New Style. - 10/11/10 10:48 PM
Jazz Mandan:

Thankyew. Found it and he really stuffs the info in tight.

got to look at this again, maybe 4-5 times, even.
Posted By: dmrodes Re: Making a New Style. - 10/12/10 11:45 AM
Tried viewing this tutorial - and got this msg: Windows Media Player cannot play, burn, rip, or sync the file because a required audio codec is not installed on your computer. I'm using Win 7/64.... what codec do I need here?
My system is only 6 months old, so I am surprised I do not have this...
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Making a New Style. - 10/12/10 11:51 AM
IIRC, the codec is on the disk with the tutorial/s. However, that knowledge dates from Win 2K and versions 11 and 2006. YMMV.

R.

P.S.: I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Posted By: jford Re: Making a New Style. - 10/12/10 01:30 PM
Look or a file called TSCC.EXE. That's the CODEC used for most of PGMusic's videos. Just run the executable (you might need to right click on it and "run as administrator"). That will install it and you should be able to view the videos.
Posted By: dmrodes Re: Making a New Style. - 10/12/10 01:56 PM
Downloaded tscc and still get the same error.... ???
Posted By: jford Re: Making a New Style. - 10/12/10 04:54 PM
The only other thing I can think of is to try with a different player, such as WinAmp.
Posted By: Mac Re: Making a New Style. - 10/13/10 11:18 AM
Quote:

Downloaded tscc and still get the same error.... ???

What version of the microsoft media player are you using?

You may have to use the Windows Update to get a later version...

--Mac
Posted By: dmrodes Re: Making a New Style. - 10/13/10 11:41 AM
How do I find the WMP version? LIke I said, computer is only 6 months old...

Downloaded Winamp - video plays, but there is no sound?
Posted By: fantasyvn Re: Making a New Style. - 10/13/10 11:42 AM
Hi, is it true that you can make a new style from an existing Midi file?

So, for example, if I like the Midi version of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, I can copy that style and import it into BIAB?
Posted By: Shastastan Re: Making a New Style. - 10/13/10 07:48 PM
Quote:

How do I find the WMP version? LIke I said, computer is only 6 months old...

Downloaded Winamp - video plays, but there is no sound?

I'm having the same issue. I upgraded from XP and it worked fine before. I went to support and downloaded their Tscc.exe file. Still didn't work so I rebooted and still didn't work. I'm using Win 7 premium home ed. now. I'll keep futzing with it and let you know if I can get it to work. Please do the same for us. Thanks.

UPDATE: Did some searching but no cigar. As near as I can tell, there is no version of this codec for Windows 7 or at least not the Home Premium Edition that I'm using. There was a drop down list from the Compatability Tab via Properties and it only goes up to Vista. There is nothing on Tech Smith's website about any upgrade to Win 7 that I could find. I may try to choose the Vista option and see if that works. Other than that I'm out of ideas other than to contact PG Music Tech Support. I was going to buy the tutorial video pak so I'm glad I found out beforehand that it won't work on my system.

2nd Update: The issue is an audio codec problem rather than the tscc.exe video codec. Sorry, I don't have an answer. Instead of trying to play the video from PG Music website, I remembered that I had already downloaded a number of .avi BIAB tutorial files. They play fine. I'm out of info and out of my league on this one.

Stan
Posted By: rikkisbears Re: Making a New Style. - 10/14/10 03:37 AM
Hi,
what you actually do, is import the midifile into BIAB
( STYLES: Style Wizard - Auto Create Style from Midifile option ) it chops it up into seperate style parts to create a style.
Haven't actually tried it yet with a song based midifile, so don't know how good a job it does.
© PG Music Forums