PG Music Home
Posted By: BlueAttitude bonus 20 pak???? - 01/04/11 12:46 PM
Morning folks,

I normally upgrade every year at this time, this year I got here late but I notice the sale pricing is still in effect.

I currently have 2010 UltraPlusPak and I want to upgrade to the 2011 UltraPlusPak for $139. However when I go to checkout it asks if I also want the bonus 20 pak for another $25.

Most of the things in that pak are of no interest, but items 11 through 15 are realtracks and realdrum sets. But are not these sets also included in the UltraPakPlus????? I thought the "plus" pak included all the realtrack and realdrum sets already.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/04/11 12:51 PM
The Ultrapluspak contains all the Realdrums and Realtracks. To verify it, though, why not contact PG Music directly (I'd use the toll-free number).

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/04/11 01:01 PM
Very confusing! Why would they ask if I want to pay another $25 for realtracks and realdrums that are already included in the UltraPlusPak??

I'll call them, they are out on the west coast though so I'll need to wait a few hours.
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/04/11 09:09 PM

It is indeed extremely confusing.
I don’t understand why the Real Drums and Real Tracks are listed in those “Bonus Paks.”

If you look you will find a couple of other threads with similar questions and issues.

Including one where PGM Sales admitted to me that the Pak “offer” was confusing and where I was also given, what turned out to be, incorrect information (that was not honored).

Easy answer: just buy the UltraPak hard drive. The R/Ts and R/Ds will be there … at least as far as I know.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/04/11 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reply, yes, thats what I ended up doing.

Didn't want to miss out on the sale price and have to wait another year, because there is no way I would pay $279 for it, not enough new stuff in there to justify that steep a price for an upgrade IMHO.
Even $139 is a bit much.
Posted By: John Conley Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/04/11 11:49 PM
Well the contrary opinion prevails. One of the biggest updates, especially the elastique improvements to sounds in general.
Posted By: maiki Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 12:25 AM
Quote:

It is indeed extremely confusing.
I don’t understand why the Real Drums and Real Tracks are listed in those “Bonus Paks.”

If you look you will find a couple of other threads with similar questions and issues.

Including one where PGM Sales admitted to me that the Pak “offer” was confusing and where I was also given, what turned out to be, incorrect information (that was not honored).

Easy answer: just buy the UltraPak hard drive. The R/Ts and R/Ds will be there … at least as far as I know.

Agreed. The extra pak offer stuff is kind of nonsense marketing, that should be eliminated.Especially to offer to someone buying the ultrapak, who is already getting everything.

Same with the great offer of "free bonus 10 pak". There is nothing in it that most of us do not already have.

Also the everything pak, containing extra stuff that most of us already have, that were given for free before, etc.

The way to get everything is the ultraplus pak. No extra bonus paks or everything paks needed.

It is also not true, that after December 31, the prices will go up. That is also a marketing trick, to try to get everyone to buy right away. Look at the prices on the web site now, January 4, and I do not think that you will see any differences from December 31.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 01:46 AM
Quote:

It is also not true, that after December 31, the prices will go up. That is also a marketing trick, to try to get everyone to buy right away. Look at the prices on the web site now, January 4, and I do not think that you will see any differences from December 31.

maiki,

Based on my experiences, your above statement is incorrect. Every year, the prices return to normal once the special ends. Sometimes PG Music have continued the special for a little while into January, sometimes they haven't. If you are willing to take the chance of missing out on the special, that's your choice.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rharv Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 01:48 AM
Took him up on his challenge and looked at the page ..
Now says special prices good to the 15th.

They extended a sale .. that's a good thing
Posted By: John Conley Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 02:08 AM
I would put it up tonight. (The price that is.)

I waited until the last minute for a hockey ticket when they said walk ups were going on sale.

Sold them out and I had to buy an inflated one. Served me right, for being cheap I guess. Worth the extra 30 bucks in the end.

Wanna bet the minute the "blues guitar' isn't included people come on here and complain?
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 02:21 AM
Quote:

I would put it up tonight. (The price that is.)

I waited until the last minute for a hockey ticket when they said walk ups were going on sale.

Sold them out and I had to buy an inflated one. Served me right, for being cheap I guess. Worth the extra 30 bucks in the end.

Well, in my case like I said before I always upgrade in december. This year I had a lot of things on my plate in december and didn't get around to it until today. It wasn't a case of me being "cheap". So I guess I am fortunate the folks at PGMusic are a bit more flexible than you.
Posted By: John Conley Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 02:34 AM
I wanted an hour on air farce but they put me on Marketplace instead. Said my humour was too dry. I could put the gas in Corner Gas though. Thompson's beans, can't beat 'em.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 02:45 AM
Well, I think what impresses me most about your humour is that you know how to spell it
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: bonus 20 pak???? - 01/05/11 06:16 PM
Quote:

Wanna bet the minute the "blues guitar' isn't included people come on here and complain?

© PG Music Forums