PG Music Home
Posted By: Boog Money For Nothing - 01/27/11 08:57 PM
Been a while. I just finished this Youtube. Backing track made with BIAB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qpy1C8y0Ik
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Money For Nothing - 01/27/11 09:13 PM
First: Guitar chops were great !! I liked the tone ya used and it sounded purty good to me.

2nd: The mix is a lil off to me. I heard guitar drums and a little Organ. Maybe my set up, dunno . . .

3rd: We have some killer Dire Straits Real Tracks in Biab. *If* ya have them, why not use those in the backing? Simply curious is all.

I loved your geetar chops and sound on it. Way to go with the cover tune

Trax
Posted By: Boog Re: Money For Nothing - 01/27/11 09:45 PM
Quote:

First: Guitar chops were great !! I liked the tone ya used and it sounded purty good to me.

2nd: The mix is a lil off to me. I heard guitar drums and a little Organ. Maybe my set up, dunno . . .

3rd: We have some killer Dire Straits Real Tracks in Biab. *If* ya have them, why not use those in the backing? Simply curious is all.

I loved your geetar chops and sound on it. Way to go with the cover tune

Trax

Thanks very much Trax. The mix is probably off a little ... I always fine it hard to line up perfectly. I'm using BIAB 2004 ... gotta upgrade one of these days!
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Money For Nothing - 01/27/11 10:07 PM
My KISS rule for mixdown: Start with Bass and Drums db level and pan settings. Then add in each additional instrument at a time until every piece has its "place" on the stage/room.

Different FX will raise/lower db levels on affected channel. Once my FX are set for each track, and db levels are set, I will add an overall/global equalizer/peak limit if necessary.

Everyone has their own approach and method, but I like to hear the Bass and Drums and make sure they don't get drowned out after everything has kicked in.

Trial and error. Good thing we can save and re-load and try, try again now and then.

Everyone will have their own "ears" when it comes to music. I can hear those chops and they were tasty.

Trax
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Money For Nothing - 01/27/11 11:35 PM
Nice job. I am listening on laptop speakers so I really can't hear much of the mix but what I hear of the guitar is all good.

Later,
Posted By: DrDan Re: Money For Nothing - 01/28/11 02:03 AM
Nice job, Rock and Roll with a thumb pick no less.
Posted By: Boog Re: Money For Nothing - 01/28/11 02:05 AM
Thanks my friend ... it's actually a thumbpick and 2 mizrabs (sitar fingerpicks)
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Money For Nothing - 01/28/11 06:45 PM
Quote:

Nice job, Rock and Roll with a thumb pick no less.

Jorma Kaukonen plays rock n' roll on electric guitar with thumb and fingerpicks.
© PG Music Forums