PG Music Home
Posted By: RichRayer RT soloist plays on Tag Ending - 04/01/11 06:58 PM
Is there a way to not have a realtracks soloist not play on the tag ending? I want the solo to be just in the second chorus, but if I use a realtrack soloist they always play something when the song goes to the tag ending. I am probably missing something obvious, so bare with me.

RichRayer
Posted By: percy Re: RT soloist plays on Tag Ending - 04/01/11 07:24 PM
The phantom soloists playing on the tag endings seems to be an ongoing issue which I don't think has been resolved.
I got 'em too.

Percy
Posted By: Rachael Re: RT soloist plays on Tag Ending - 04/01/11 07:31 PM
Try muting the part at that bar using Bar Settings F5. Not ideal but may work.

R
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: RT soloist plays on Tag Ending - 04/01/11 07:35 PM
Hi Rich,
How did you get the RT to play in the second chorus only? Perhaps if you could describe the steps to duplicate this issue.
For example
1. make a song with 3 choruses and a tag.
2. etc
Posted By: RichRayer Re: RT soloist plays on Tag Ending - 04/01/11 08:42 PM
Thanks for all the quick replies. That's why I like this place.

Peter,

I simply did the following.

First I am using BiaB 10.5 on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system (haven't raised the funds for 2011.

1. made a song with 3 choruses with an intro and a tag of 4 bars and a fade
2. killed the melody in the 2nd chorus
3. clicked on the soloist button and chose the 1372 Trombone, Bossa EV 140
4. generated the part
5. saved the song (at which point BiaB told me it was locking the soloist to the audio when I saved it and if I wanted to change it then I would have to re-generate the part.

Then when I play the piece it does as I expected with a midi melody on tenor sax for the first and third choruses and the trombone RT in the middle chorus. Only when the song goes to the tag, the trombone plays a couple of long notes over 2 measures. The piece fades but I do get a tail effect of louder string sounds after the fade ends. That is a different problem

Maybe this information is helpful.

Rich
Posted By: RichRayer Re: RT soloist plays on Tag Ending - 04/01/11 08:49 PM
Rachael,

I just did what you suggested and it worked (kind of). The trombone seem to come in just ahead of the tag. I solved that by muting the soloist's part on the last measure of the 3rd chorus. Now, it sounds the way I wanted it to. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rich
© PG Music Forums