PG Music Home
Posted By: earl kirby How do you do a single track fill? - 04/14/11 03:54 PM
I know how to do a fill on the measure by putting in the part marker but the fill is for all of the instruments. I know how to play just one or two of the instruments. What I want to do is for instance do just a guitar fill with the other instruments continuing playing the normal part. What process do you go through to accomplish this?

Example:
lyric, lyric, lyric, lyric | Lyric __________________|
piano. piano. piano, piano Piano, piano, piano piano
guitar guitar guitar guitar guitar fill fill fill
bass bass bass bass bass bass bass bass
drum drum drum drum drum drum drum drum

I think above will give you all the idea of what I'm trying to do.
Posted By: jford Re: How do you do a single track fill? - 04/14/11 04:18 PM
I would input everything and leave out the fills you want. Then freeze every track except the guitar track. Put the part markers in for the fills in, and I believe (in theory) that just the guitar should play the fills.
Posted By: silvertones Re: How do you do a single track fill? - 04/14/11 04:45 PM
Quote:

I would input everything and leave out the fills you want. Then freeze every track except the guitar track. Put the part markers in for the fills in, and I believe (in theory) that just the guitar should play the fills.

That'll do it. Once and instrument is frozen you can even change the chords and the frozen inst. will play the old chords and the un-frozen will play the new chords.
Posted By: John-Luke Re: How do you do a single track fill? - 04/16/11 06:41 AM
earl,
You don't precise if you are using MIDI styles or Real Styles. You have to know that MIDI don't have fill patterns for guitar part, as basic rule. For the MIDI styles, if you do want get fills for guitar, you have to tweak your guitar patterns and select 'fill' in the adequate mask, in the stylemaker. That is what I did for some MIDI styles, and I can say that sounds really great because it adds some realism in the guitar play. You can also emphasize a little bit the velocity of the fill pattern for extra punch. For Realstyles, I have not investigated about that.
Posted By: earl kirby Re: How do you do a single track fill? - 04/17/11 05:45 PM
Thank you all. I figured it was something of this nature. Not quite sure what you mean by replace with the markers at this point so I guess that what I need to do is spend more time working with the program and the turorials and the manual and maybe some of this stuff will make a lot more sense.
© PG Music Forums