PG Music Home
Hi folks,

I was just wondering about this last night. Since PG has taken the trouble to convert a lot of the realtracks to music notation (realcharts is it called) wouldn't it be possible to get a midi instrument to play that notation of it was implemented by PG?

thanks
Musiclover
I am interested to know the answer too... LOL

When I erase a realtrack (say the Soloist) it asks if I want to keep the midi version... I answer YES, and I can see the notes, but can't hear them when I play it...

I think I read somewhere that the 'volume' is somehow turned down to zero... but I can't see where I can change this...
Thanks Will. But can you please explain a little more? Once I do that in Opt, what else do I need to do to save the track? and where does it save it?
Yes, you can do this as follows;
1. Generate the tracks. Lets assume that the RealCharts is on the Guitar Track.
2. Choose Edit - Copy/Move Tracks, and copy the guitar track to (for example) the Soloist track.

You now have the MIDI RealChart on the Soloist track, and it will play and sound correctly. Of course assign a MIDI patch to it that is guitar.
Thanks Peter. I never even knew that feature is there,just tried it and it works good, even with a different instrument, not a guitar.

Thanks again
Musiclover
See, some guitar player play a mean oboe.
Thanks Peter (and everyone else). I tried it too and it works like a charm.

As I said on a different tread, the midi flute solo sounds as good as the realtrack version (very very close). Of course it helps that I am using the Ketron SD2 hardware synth...
I don't know what happened to Will's posts, but I thought his advice was relevant too...

To repeat:

1) Make sure you go to Opt/Preferences then to Realtracks... and checkmark the box titled "Save Realchart notation in MIDI Files".

2) To save the tracks in MIDI... Go to song in BIAB, and from the top menu choose File/Make Standard MIDI File from the top Menu

3) Once the file is saved as MIDI (i.e. *.mid), you can close that song and remember where the file was saved...

4) Then you can import some or all the channels to the Melody or Soloist track in a new or existing BIAB song/file...

Make sure you do this properly:

i) From the top menu, choose Soloist/Edit Soloist Track/Import to Soloist Part from MIDI... pick the .MID file you just made

ii) When you do this, a dialog box will open up and you can choose which MIDI channel you want to import... (there are boxes numbered 1 to 16 to choose from), checkmark the ones you want to import.

iii) To know which channel to choose, you first need to remember the channel numbers in the song you Made the MIDI file... Opt/Preferences/Channels... will show all the tracks and their channels...

Good Luck
© PG Music Forums