PG Music Home
Howdy folks, I just purchased the Band-in-a-Box Video Tutorial PAK from a local vendor, and after installing the videos, I noticed that the videos are showing tutorials for using BIAB 2009? Is this right? Shouldn't the videos be showing how to use BIAB 2011? Are the videos meant to be showing how to use BIAB 2009 or did I get an old version of the Video Tutorial PAK?

During installation, this is the info given:

Welcome to the Band-in-a-Box Video Tutorial PAK

This collection of videos includes:

Band-in-a-Box Overview
Band-in-a-Box 2009 Introduction
Band-in-a-Box 2009 New Features
RealTracks Video
Band-in-a-Box 2009.5 New Features and RealTracks
Band-in-a-Box Soloist Tutorial
Band-in-a-Box Melodist Tutorial
Practicing with Band-in-a-Box
-Introduction
-Learning Tunes
-Improvisation
-Comping
-Sight Reading
-Ear Training
-Rhythm Guitar
-Guitar Chord Solos
-Piano Chord Solos
-Arranging
Songwriting with Band-in-a-Box
-Introduction
-Creating a Quick Tune using the Melodist
-Writing a Song from Scratch
-Thoughts, Genres and Forms
-Making a Pop 16th tune
Secrets of the StyleMaker
-Introduction: A style in 3 minutes
-Overview of the Stylemaker
-Editing and Importing Patterns
-Piano, Guitar & String Patterns
-Guitar Macros
-Importing Instruments to make a new Style
-Endings and Other Items
-Making a Style - Tips and Pointers
Simplifying Chord Progressions

Thanks, J
Hi Jonah,

I just checked out the Tutorial PAK that I have and it agrees with what you listed.
There are additional "new features" videos available for BIAB 2009.5, 2010, 2010.5 at
on the PG site at this link http://www.pgmusic.com/bbdemovideos1.htm and for 2011 at
this link http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm.

Hope that helps,
Ed
Hi Ed, Thanks for checking. I got this response from PG Music support:

===
Hello,

That looks correct. Our Video Tutorial PAK has not been altered since 2009, the videos are sufficient to demonstrate using the 2011 version as the program mechanics and layout have not changed substantially since that date. If you watch the 2010, 2010.5 and 2011 New Features Videos on our website in addition to the ones you have, you will be all set. Sorry for the confusion that may have caused.

Thank you,
PG Music Inc.
===

I know PG Music is hard at work improving BIAB for everyone, but please, to avoid confusion for future customers, please make time to add the latest 2010-2011 tutorial videos into the video tutorial pak that is being sold, and add a note:

"Our Video Tutorial PAK has not been altered since 2009, the videos are sufficient to demonstrate using the 2011 version as the program mechanics and layout have not changed substantially since that date."

A newbie like me who has bought a 2011 version of BIAB would be expecting video tutorials for BIAB 2011. This confusion could cause unnecessary friction, I almost returned this to the vendor. Please don't put your customers through these kinds of situations.

Thanks, J.
Agreed - I want to download all the tutorials so that I can watch them while I am on a trip (I am doing this for Reaper.) Not having them with the package that was purchased is a serious detractor and doesn't look good. Most of all, you have tutorials on different pages and this isn't organized. The largest frustration comes when you start using it.
© PG Music Forums