PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Playing with Capo'ed Guitar - 06/11/11 03:47 PM
I am sure there was a way to do this back in earlier versions.. hope it is just my memory which has gone and not this transpose feature.

I want the chord sheet to show Key of G but I want the accompaniment to play in Bb (equivalent to a capo 3)

Used to be able to set Key and chord sheet to G (by default), then when you transpose to Bb select NOT to transpose chord sheet. But this doesn't seem to work this way any longer. Now if you select not to transpose the chord sheet the music stays in initial key, dispite it indicating the key has changed in the Key dropdown box.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Playing with Capo'ed Guitar - 06/11/11 04:27 PM
OK, there seems to be a new workaround which requires a new workflow to accomplish this task.

Set selection to Bb, then freeze all tracks. Then transpose to G. Then set capo to 3 and you got it.

Just an example of the musical swiss army knife called BIAB in action.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Playing with Capo'ed Guitar - 06/11/11 05:10 PM
Transpose -9 or +3

I use this with my G horn, so I have to do -7 or +5

It should be simple to figure out the other positions, I wouldn't know them but just count the steps on the piano keyboard, the + and - have to = 12

The transpose function is not the one in opts prefs it's found on the main screen left side.

You just skinned the cat a different way.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Playing with Capo'ed Guitar - 06/11/11 05:35 PM
Quote:

Transpose -9 or +3

I use this with my G horn, so I have to do -7 or +5

It should be simple to figure out the other positions, I wouldn't know them but just count the steps on the piano keyboard, the + and - have to = 12

The transpose function is not the one in opts prefs it's found on the main screen left side.

You just skinned the cat a different way.

John,

Thats the way I used to do it. When is the last time you checked to see if it still works that way?
Posted By: John Conley Re: Playing with Capo'ed Guitar - 06/11/11 05:47 PM
Yesterday! But headed downstairs soon. My feet are acting up today. I might have to crawl.

2011 latest build, so should be fine. I was playing my bflat horn though. I do have a G there or maybe 2 of them, my 'marching' bugles. Like I can march, it's more like stagger.
© PG Music Forums