PG Music Home
Posted By: Beachboy Show Styles by Feel/Tempo problem - 06/21/11 05:13 AM
Hi Guys,

I seem to have a problem with the Style Picker Filter in BIAB 2011 (318)
When I try and filter to show styles that match an EVEN tempo, I always get SWING tempos only (Even when I have an EV style loaded.
Works fine when I have a SW style loaded as it will eliminate the EV's. (ie filters out EV's no matter what I have loaded)

However, the Style Filter works fine in RealBand 2011 (4)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Col
Posted By: jford Re: Show Styles by Feel/Tempo problem - 06/21/11 11:02 AM
I presume you are using the "Swing/Even" setting at the top of the StylePicker filter screen. If so, check your setting for "Show Styles by Feel and Tempo". If that happens to be set for for "If feel matches prototype" and the prototype is a swing style, then that will conflict with the top setting. Try setting the "Show Styles by Feel and Tempo" to "Show all style rhythms" and see if it works for you now.

If not that, then I'm not sure what the problem is.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Show Styles by Feel/Tempo problem - 06/21/11 11:44 AM
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply.

No, the problem is not related to the Swing/Even Filter up the top.
However, that filter works fine and I can filter that way, but when that is set to "-----" (either) I can only get Swing with the "Show Styles by 'Feel' and 'Tempo’" with an "Even" prototype loaded.

But yes there does appear to be a conflict between the 2 settings.

For example:

1) If I load an "Even" style in BIAB
2) Then set "Show Styles by 'Feel' and 'Tempo’" to display matching "Feel" prototypes (ie EV)
3) I only get "Swing" styles
4) But if I then set the top filter "Swing/Even" to "Even" - That setting seems to conflict out the request and I get nothing (Swing fault Plus Even = Nothing).

The filter process works fine with a "Swing" style loaded as either filter will eliminate the "Evens"

As mentioned no problem in Realband.

Thanks

Col
Posted By: silvertones Re: Show Styles by Feel/Tempo problem - 06/21/11 12:46 PM
I tried what you did and it works fine here.
Posted By: jford Re: Show Styles by Feel/Tempo problem - 06/21/11 03:22 PM
Do you have the "Prototype Style Defaults to Current Style" checkbox checked?

If not, then you you need to make sure the prototype style you want is highlighted, and then click on the "Change Prototype Style" button.

If it is checked, then there is a problem with your BIAB installation somewhere. I know it works as expected on my machine (other than realizing if you filter by feel/tempo first and then selecting the opposite at the top, you see no styles - which makes sense - if you say show all even styles and then filter that list by showing the swing styles, you would expect to end up with no styles shown).

If what I stated here doesn't work, then you might want to try resetting to factory defaults, possibly re-installing, and/or contacting PGMusic.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Show Styles by Feel/Tempo problem - 06/21/11 10:48 PM
Quote:

Do you have the "Prototype Style Defaults to Current Style" checkbox checked?

Thank you John. That fixed it.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Regards
Col
© PG Music Forums