PG Music Home
Posted By: ZeroZero The style window - Categories - 07/17/11 09:03 AM
To the credit of the software, I spend so much time actually playing, I must confess I very rarely get into the details of the application. Most of its transparent enought anyways.
Yet the Style picker winodw categories sectino has a puzzle in it for me. At the top you get the number of all styles found, then 'other styles' of which apparently I have thirty (I have never made a style), then recent styles and favotite styles - obvious enough I suppose...

This category widnow is not explained in the manual as far as I can tell?

The next section seems to be music by genre - rock techno etc. Again clear enough I think.

The next section is slightly puzzling to me

You have Real styles, then you have so called classic real styles, multistyles, utility/misc styles with real drums, waltzes, then some time signatures.

I have no idea what a 'classic' style is - I suppose its a popular style used in pre-made songs??

multistyle: is this a style with both real tracks and MIDI?

But the thing that is most puzzling is the next part which lists RT1222 -RT136

Why only these? Why are not the other real tracks listed in this numbering section

I don't understand this, could (kindly) someone explain please

Zero
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: The style window - Categories - 07/17/11 01:22 PM
Quote:

But the thing that is most puzzling is the next part which lists RT1222 -RT136

Why only these? Why are not the other real tracks listed in this numbering section

I don't understand this, could (kindly) someone explain please

Zero

This is simply a continuation of past practice, to 'highlight' the newest RealTracks at the bottom.
Posted By: Mac Re: The style window - Categories - 07/17/11 02:32 PM
Multistyle = A Style that features more than two Substyles such that instead of just Substyle A and B you might have A, B, C, D, etc. depending upon how many substyles have been written into the style.

You really should learn how to search the FAQ pages for the keywords to answer questions like these. Ctrl-F is how you do it.

--Mac
Posted By: Tony Wright Re: The style window - Categories - 07/17/11 04:11 PM
I am glad Zero asked this question.

The Stylepicker categories list is very confusing to a newcomer. It should be more intuitive and we shouldn't have to go looking into FAQ's to understand it.

BTW do you know that there is a mistake in the latest Stylepicker window and the styles in the RT122-RT136 categories have been left out of the "All Styles" list.

Tony
© PG Music Forums