PG Music Home
Posted By: John Conley Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/25/11 07:54 PM
See explanation in support.
Here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Note that the build number is still 325.
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/25/11 09:29 PM
I noted the 325 build number. Very confusing - if something changed it should get a new build number, that is the purpose of the build number system, to let you know something changed. I hope PG gives new build numbers even if the change is only a single item and doesn't do anymore of these non updated updates.
Peter said in another thread that BBW.EXE is not changed in this update. I just wanted to warn people that it might give them pause at first.
Posted By: mal12345 Re: Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/25/11 10:31 PM
Just updated to this build, but when I go to Help/display program manual, the pdf is still BB2011 (not 2011.5 as stated in the update) Is this an oversight I wonder?
I think you are correct. It looks like the program manual and the program update manual links from within BIAB Help are still linking to version 2011. This newest patch did not update BBW.EXE, so perhaps it needs to in order to fix those two links.

The actual PDF files for the manuals for 2011.5 are in your /BB folder, though. You can just go and read them directly.

Note that the Help Index and Topic Search from within BIAB has been updated to 2011.5. In the Help, Topic Search main screen, you will also see a link for the 2011.5 new features. So there is help available for the newest version.
Posted By: seeker Re: Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/25/11 11:39 PM
Reply,

First make backup files of both 2011 and 2011_5 pdf's.
Then rename 2011_5 to 2011.

Works just fine..

This will get you by until next update.

Seeker
Good idea. In the meantime, I've sent the problem in to Support.
Posted By: mal12345 Re: Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/26/11 02:29 AM
Quote:

The actual PDF files for the manuals for 2011.5 are in your /BB folder, though. You can just go and read them directly.

Thanks Matt, but in C:/bb/PDF Manuals folder, my manuals only go as far as BB 2010.....no 2011 or 2011.5. Could the later manuals be somewhere else?

Mal
That's a puzzle. You might need to contact PG Music Support.

Assuming you installed BIAB always to the default folder of C:/BB then you should have these files:

Band-in-a-Box 2011 Manual.pdf
Band-in-a-Box 2011 Upgrade Manual.pdf
Band-in-a-Box 2011_5 Manual.pdf
Band-in-a-Box 2011_5 Upgrade Manual.pdf

I do not have such a folder as /BB/PDF Manuals. All these files are in the /BB folder. Perhaps you could search your hard drive to see where they might be?
Posted By: mal12345 Re: Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/26/11 03:43 AM
Searching my C drive came up with nothing, so I just wrote to support

thanks again Matt
I was making the assumption that the files you need came in the update. This may not be true; they may have come during beta testing. Support will know.
Posted By: seeker Re: Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/26/11 05:20 AM
mal12345,

Just trying to help, not fault.
I actually started downloading the wrong update and
cancelled it.
Then grabbed the current one.

Check out your stylepicker top right of page.
Is the Web Demo button there ?
If not you may have grabbed the wrong update like
I did.

If Web Demo button is there then like you said the new PDF's are not there.

Good luck,

Seeker
Posted By: mal12345 Re: Hit support, new build as of 25th July - 07/26/11 06:10 AM
Hi Seeker...yep the web demo button is there, so I have the correct update. Will let you know when I hear back from support

Mal
© PG Music Forums