PG Music Home
Posted By: mikado22 Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 01:58 PM
Hi!

Does anyone know, if it's possible to replay a song from a certain bar? When I hit the replay button, BIAB always starts the playback from the beginning of the song and when I doubleclick on a certain bar all real tracks will be re-generated, what I want to avoid...

Thanks for any hint,

mikado
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 02:30 PM
Sure. Assuming you are using BIAB 2011 or later, right-click on a bar and you will see Play from Bar X, Chorus #1, Play from Bar X, Chorus #2 etc.

You should also consider changing the Spacebar setting. Opt., Preferences, and look in the upper-right corner box called Keystroke Options. Change from the third option in the pulldown to the second. This can be done on any BIAB version in the last five years or maybe more.
Posted By: mikado22 Re: Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 02:43 PM
Many thanks, Matt - the spacebar thing is a good idea, will save me some time in the future!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 03:25 PM
Hit ctrl f and type in the number of the bar you want to start at. Then hit enter or click ok.

Also when you start over form the top, use REPLAY rather than PLAY or the whole song will regenerate. That will sometimes rewrite parts you already like. I found that out the hard way when it regenerated and totally changed a background steel guitar part. Luckily I had not saved yet so my original was still there.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 05:25 PM
What I've always done is simply double click on any bar and it starts from there. The problem with that though is when you have chorus repeats, 1st/2nd endings etc. Then you have to hit the "from" icon and select the chorus number, then the bar number. The double click works within a tag ending.

Bob
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 05:51 PM
Note that the double-click works in a tag ending only if you have build #301 or later.
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 08:56 PM
Quote:

When I hit the replay button, BIAB always starts the playback from the beginning of the song and when I doubleclick on a certain bar all real tracks will be re-generated, what I want to avoid...

RealTracks should only re-generate if you have changed the chord chart somehow. If nothing has changed, double-clicking on a bar should behave like Re-Play, and start from that bar.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Replay from a certain bar - 08/02/11 08:59 PM
Quote:

Quote:

When I hit the replay button, BIAB always starts the playback from the beginning of the song and when I doubleclick on a certain bar all real tracks will be re-generated, what I want to avoid...

RealTracks should only re-generate if you have changed the chord chart somehow. If nothing has changed, double-clicking on a bar should behave like Re-Play, and start from that bar.

Or, if the Play button was never pressed after loading the song, then the song would regenerate from double-clicking.
© PG Music Forums