PG Music Home
Posted By: pwarren RT variable phrasing. Is it possible? - 08/09/11 08:18 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible or desirable to have the user able to select how 'dense' the phrasing of the generated RTs is? In other words select more or less space between phrases. This would obviously be most useful for soloists but even rhythm instruments could possibly benefit from such a feature.

Where PGMusic could incorporate the idea I'm not sure. Maybe when you select a RT a dialog could request user input before generating.

Anyway, do you think this idea would be possible given your guesses as to how RTs are generated and do you like the idea and think it might be useful? If responses are favorable I can put the idea in the wishlist.
There is a setting for this in the Soloist Editor. Click on the [Soloist] button, choose a RealTrack from the list, then hit the [Edit] button on the far right.

You should see "Ins. Space Between Phrases-How often?" and "Space Length".
Posted By: pwarren Re: RT variable phrasing. Is it possible? - 08/09/11 08:52 PM
I didn't even realize that applied to RT soloists. I figured it was midi only. Thanks. That does exactly what I was thinking of.

Like all my great ideas someone else thought of it before.
Posted By: DrDan Re: RT variable phrasing. Is it possible? - 08/09/11 09:14 PM

Does that work for RT's?
It does but if you can tame it you're a better man then I .
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RT variable phrasing. Is it possible? - 08/11/11 03:07 PM
This feature is new to me for RTs.
I used to use it all of the time when working with midi soloists even covering the note range.
I'm going to have fun experimenting to see just how far RT control can go.
For instance a CountryBrent soloist with a note range of 48 to 91 - trim the upper and lower range notes (ie use 60 - 80) and run the solo in the Custom bars.

Thanks for raising this. I don't spend alot of time investigating the program anymore - maybe it's time.

Cheers - Ian
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: RT variable phrasing. Is it possible? - 08/13/11 05:33 AM
Another tedious way is to generate several solos in RB. Then select the best one that "fits" into your song. Tedious, but it will generate different parts of the SAME soloist.

Trax
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: RT variable phrasing. Is it possible? - 08/13/11 01:35 PM
Trax, I actually do that. On one of the songs I generated 6 solos and then on the 7th track I cut and pasted until I had what I wanted. And had ol' Brent been in the room playing what I asked him to play it could not have turned out any better.
Posted By: Mark1008 Re: RT variable phrasing. Is it possible? - 08/14/11 02:12 AM
I experienced the same thing today. I generated a solo and there was a complete measure of silence that did not fit the other background instruments. I highlighted the measure of silence and regenerated the solo (several times) until the sound fit. The rest of the solo part was not effected by this.

I have to say I was using RealBand to do this. I forgot what forum section I was reviewing. Maybe this info would help and still be applicable for BIAB.

I would hope that BIAB would do the same...

Mark
© PG Music Forums