PG Music Home
Posted By: Rhino Real Tracks shots/holds problem - 09/01/11 10:59 AM
Hi folks,
new here, upgraded from 2006 to 2011.5 when it came out, plan to use BiaB for quick song sketches and playbacks, maybe borrow the odd track for chopping up in Cubase to use in my own songs.
Allow me a few questions, I'll spread them over several threads for clarity's sake.

What's up with shots/holds in many Real Tracks, they either play nothing or some pretty useless low register stuff completely unlike the (great sounding) track itself ?
Ex: B3, Background Pop Ev 120

repro: whatever Real Style, add organ, key of C @ 120, shot on the "1" of a bar, doesn't get any more generic than that

- user error ?
- installation error ?
- default behaviour ? (in that case please file under improvement request !)

Thanks,
Rhino
Posted By: Rachael Re: Real Tracks shots/holds problem - 09/01/11 12:04 PM
Make sure you have installed the Shots and Holds library and updates to that library. There should be a Holds folders found in bb/Realtracks/Library.

Also, make sure Shots/Holds are supported for that instrument. Determine this in the Assign RT dialog column called Holds. If a number is there, it is supported.

R
Posted By: Rhino Re: Real Tracks shots/holds problem - 09/01/11 12:22 PM
Thanks, great info !

Wasn't aware of these columns.
They look ok, 136 Holds.

I believe I have the latest versions, "RealTracks 122-136 Updates - July 6 to July 12 2011"

Inside my Real Tracks folder there is a folder "Library" containing the folder "Holds" , 1,36 GB (1.467.496.528 bytes), 2232 files, 206 folders
i.e. H:\Real Band\RealTracks\Library\Holds
Does that look ok ?

Thanks,
Rhino
Posted By: Rachael Re: Real Tracks shots/holds problem - 09/01/11 12:32 PM
There is also an update for RT 1-121. If all of your updates are current, maybe some experimenting will help. Rather than using a Shot, try a Hold followed by a the next beat. Or change the chord a little - such as C6 rather than CMaj7.

R
Posted By: Rhino Re: Real Tracks shots/holds problem - 09/01/11 01:18 PM
My installer downloads are newer, so that should be fine.
Changing the chord sounds like a good idea, I'll report back.
Thanks Rachael,
Rhino
© PG Music Forums