PG Music Home
Posted By: sendero Batch medley? help - 10/17/11 08:52 PM
Dear all ,

I tried to send this message to the forum but it did not work...

I am trying to medley several songs from the same folder and I was wondering if there is a way to batch them?

thanks in advance!
Posted By: John Conley Re: Batch medley? help - 10/17/11 11:36 PM
The Jukebox feature. Look for the icon that looks like a 60's jukebox or check the word jukebox in the help files.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Batch medley? help - 10/17/11 11:38 PM
In English if you use the juke feature it plays one song then the next then the next.

If you use medley that is all one song. There is a feature for that called medley too. No breaks, so there is like a 'bridge' between the parts, and some consideration of what keys are being used.
Posted By: sendero Re: Batch medley? help - 10/18/11 12:13 PM
Thanks, John.

What I would like to do is to have several piano licks in one file...I know this can be done one by one but, if there is a batch way "automatic" to add all licks in one folder, that is much better.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Batch medley? help - 10/18/11 12:25 PM
What language do you speak? I don't think we are communicating.

What songs?

What licks?
Posted By: sendero Re: Batch medley? help - 10/18/11 09:52 PM
english....

As you know, there are several biab piano phrases and licks that I would like to medley in order to transcribe and print them in few pages.....so, I would like to place them in a folder and then, batch medley all of them and then, transcribe and print. Am I clearer?

sorry for the confusion and thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Batch medley? help - 10/18/11 10:30 PM
Like John, I'm puzzled. Could you please elaborate on where these piano phrases and licks are coming from?
Posted By: sendero Re: Batch medley? help - 10/19/11 08:16 PM
http://www.pgmusic.com/101jazzpiano.htm, 101 Essential Phrases for Jazz Piano

and many other ones can be found in http://www.pgmusic.com/riffaday_ejp.php

I hope this is even clearer...
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Batch medley? help - 10/20/11 07:27 PM
Those are midi files, they're not designed for use in Biab but you can if you really want to. For what you're asking it's much easier to put those licks one after the other on one track in Real Band or any midi sequencer. You can play them and print them out, change keys, tempos, whatever you want because they're midi. For example I have the Jazz Piano Master Class but it won't open as a separate program on my new Win 7 machine and I could probably call support and figure it out but I really don't care anyway. The Master Class program is there in my Program Files list, and I can navigate to that from Real Band and open up each file as needed. They don't have actual names just numbers like JZ001, JZ027, etc.

Bob
© PG Music Forums