PG Music Home
Posted By: Sam Kanter BIAB glitches when changing screens - 10/19/11 06:47 PM
I had this problem years ago, but don't remember fix. This happens on Realtracks or MIDI tracks. Tech support is stymied for now as well.

Anyone remember why this is happening?

TIA,

Sam
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB glitches when changing screens - 10/19/11 06:58 PM
It would help if you could tell us details about your system, and what OS. In the meantime, here are some things to consider.

Are your device drivers all up-to-date?

Did this work OK until recently, and if so, what just changed on your system?

I do remember that some people found success by turning off the graphics acceleration in Windows. This was during the Windows XP period. I don't recall hearing about this issue from Vista on. However, your graphics card (nVidia or ATI) has its own control panel for graphics settings. Try turning everything 'off' for BIAB use.

There is also the wonderful world of drivers and IRQs. If you remove all your peripheral devices and re-attach them one at a time, you might discover that one causes a conflict.

Perhaps the best way to see a driver problem is to download and run the DPC Latency Checker. The instructions are very clear. Go to: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
Posted By: Sam Kanter Re: BIAB glitches when changing screens - 10/19/11 07:34 PM
Sorry Matt, for lack of details.

I just switched systems, from an old XP system to a slightly more modern W7.

I remember this same issue happened many years ago (before realtracks) and I solved it - but don't remember how. I just updated the graphics card driver of the Nvidia 9500GT, no help.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB glitches when changing screens - 10/19/11 09:39 PM
To help you, we need as much detail as possible, including even things like the motherboard and processor, since there exist known problems with a few (such as handling multiple cores) that have been reported for other music software.

What did the DPC Latency Checker graph look like?
Posted By: silvertones Re: BIAB glitches when changing screens - 10/19/11 09:48 PM
Just thought I'd throw in that in RealBand I have to set RB to use only 1 core in both my XP & 7 machines.If I don't the screen scroll will stutter and then stop.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB glitches when changing screens - 10/20/11 05:48 AM
Hi Sam,

What do you mean when you say that "BIAB glitches when changing screens"? Do you mean that the screen freezes, flickers, doesn't scroll, creates a sound through the speakers, etc? Could you please give a more elaborate description? What kind of glitch are you experiencing? When you "change screens", what are you changing from and to (i.e. do you mean from chord view to notation mode, etc)?

Kind regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums