PG Music Home
Posted By: rmm1 Access Virus TI VST plugin - 10/31/11 09:32 PM
I am new to BIAB. Is it possible to use the ACCESS Virus TI Snow with its VST plugin in BIAB? Just for melodies. I am still coming to grips with how BIAB works.

I have Music Creator and the ACCESS Plugin is already on my PC.

Anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Access Virus TI VST plugin - 11/01/11 05:48 PM
Hello rmm1,

You can only use one VSTi at a time in Band-in-a-Box, however you can use any combination of VSTi's/synths in RealBand...

In RealBand Tracks window, right-click on the track that has your melody and choose "specific DXi/VSTi synth for MIDI track". If your plugin is not listed there, choose 'Add VSTi plugin'.

Those are just the basic steps anyways, let us know if you need more help.
Posted By: rmm1 Re: Access Virus TI VST plugin - 11/01/11 08:12 PM
Thanks Andrew,
I went into REALBAND.

I could not right click on the melody line (maybe I was inthe wrong place) to get "specific DXi/VSTi synth for MIDI track".

So I just went to the top of the screen and clicked the DXi/VST plugins button.

From there I tried to ADD VST plugin by going to the line under PLUGIN. I then tried to load in the VIRUS TI SNOW.dll. But then it said this was not a valid VST plugin.

Interestingly the first time I ran Realband - it opened up a ASIO driver dialog. and I could select the VIRUS then.

I'll keep trying -- but is there a tutorial or video showing this?
Posted By: rmm1 Re: Access Virus TI VST plugin - 11/01/11 10:01 PM
OK I managed to get the VST plugin installed by switching the whole thing to a 32 bit PC. Then I was able to install the 32 but VIRUS plugin and now it has loaded.

If there is a video or guide I would still appreciate it. I'll just keep working through it for now.
© PG Music Forums