PG Music Home
Posted By: johnmusic Some Stones in the Shoe for 2012 - 12/09/11 02:44 AM
I installed all my realtracks, I am sure of it and yet it says files for 11 of them are in BB folder, and not in real tracks folder.

Then I like dry tracks, I mix in Reaper, I disable the reverb and panning in the options, channel options which I thought were "master options", for the tracks . 2012 continues to turn reverb on, and panning the instruments.

Lastly the real-tracks act weird during hold chords, Guitars particularly the smooth jazz soloist, will not play over the hold chord when opened to 1 BIG CHORUS, it plays farty sluff notes. Stops yes ( Shots ) the melody and soloist work, hold chords, weird even the saxophone gets pausey and goes wamp,.....wamp instead of doodley doodle dooo, I wanted the piano to hold with the guitar for 4 bars.

The channel option thing is a buster, hope the settings and real tracks get sorted.

JT
Posted By: John Conley Re: Some Stones in the Shoe for 2012 - 12/09/11 03:43 AM
As I age I have more and more trouble understanding. The previous post was too disjointed for me. I you have a beef with a particular track, list the style, the track, and the song. Then email it to pgmusic.

And give those of us who've been around for a bit a chance to hear what you think is wrong. A lot of testing was done and obviously we either missed things, or you know better than the development team and testers who've maybe missed something.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Some Stones in the Shoe for 2012 - 12/09/11 03:53 AM
>> I disable the reverb and panning in the options, channel options which I thought were "master options", for the tracks . 2012 continues to turn reverb on, and panning the instruments.

If you want to disable the reverb from the RealTracks, you don't do it in that MIDI channels dialog. Instead you would do it in Prefs-RealTracks "Add Reverb to RealTracks". This is because the reverb isn't coming from the style, it is coming from the RealTracks itself, and can be turned off.

As for panning, there are only a few styles that load with panning, and they are 2012 versions only. Those panning settings get disabled in the Prefs-Channels dialog.

A simpler approach would just be to set up your preferred mix, and then rightclick on Combo at top left- Save Current Mix as Default. Then whenever you want to recall that mix, rightclick on Combo-"Load Default Mix", which in your case would be mono panning, and no reverb.
====================================

For the RT "acting weird on held chords", the example you quoted was a "smooth jazz soloist". Soloists don't participate in holds, as it wouldn't be realistic for a soloist to keep interrupting his solo with shots and holds.

If you have a specific example, please email that to support@pgmusic.com
Posted By: johnmusic Re: Some Stones in the Shoe for 2012 - 12/09/11 04:41 AM
thanks, just sent an email.
© PG Music Forums