PG Music Home
Hi, i just bought the upgrade with the 2012 pluspack + the bonus 20 pack for the new feature that could resolved my problem.

It seem, in the demo, it would be possible to use NI-Guitar RIG 5 vst plug0ins or the Amplitube CS with my Guitar Rig mobile(ASIO driver). Like is name say, you are suppose to be able to play with the band in a box!!! I tried and i am still not able to do hear or able to control plug-ins. Curiously, i am able to use it outside of Biab and in realband...

So anybody have a solution to help me???

Thanks.

Michel D
cl7958@gmail.com
Hi Michael,

*It is important to know that when attempting to load a VST effect such as one of the amp/cabinet simulators, that it is NOT a VSTi (note the "i" at the end) and thus cannot be loaded into the very top dropdown slot of the window. That top slot is reserved for VSTi .dlls which are going to be softsynths.

Load amp/cab simulators using the 2nd slot down from the top.

The idea here is that, if you were using a MIDI track, the first slot would contain the MIDI synth/sampler VSTi, which provides the base sound, the next three slots are then available for using VST *EFFECTS* - which are generally classified as Audio effects and not MIDI effects, but now we can use them to create effects laid overtop of the MIDI sounds played by the VSTi in the first slot.

Since you are not conecerned with a MIDI track here, but want your VST amps to effect the Audio of either your own guitar or of a realguitar on one fo the tracks, you should leave that top slot set to <none> and invoke your chosen VST on the 2nd slot down.

Not sure if that is what is going on at your end, but thought it may help. If not, more info from you, a step-by-step as to exactl what you are doing from the BiaB mainscreen thru which commands, toolbar or otherwise, along with what windows you see and what you do with them might help to clarify things.

Hope this helps,

--Mac
Hi Mac, thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you just wrote but without success. Here's what i did:

1. Open a song that i created;
2. Open VSTi synth;
3. Select Guitar, select 2nd slot as you said;
4. Select Amplitube 3. The Amplitube showed up but input doesn't pass and output. it' sound just like it is bypassed and it's really at low volume.

If i try in the program itself, Amplitube or Guitar Rig, it sound perfect or even in Realband, i can perfectly heard and select all presets and modify sounds...

Still need help.

Can you tell me how to do it so i control sound in BiAB 2012???

Thanks

Michel D.
Quote:

2. Open VSTi synth;

Why is the "i" in there?

Please reread what I told you carefully.

Amplitube is not a VSTi - it is a plain VST.

Amplitube is not a synth - it is an Audio Effect.

--Mac
Sorry Mac, i wrote VSTi but i was meaning the VST Plug-ins . So everything that i did was for the VST plug-ins because i know it is for the midi things...

So still, i used the VST plug-ins, the second slot and i cannot have input of my guitar in biab..
It depends on whether the guitar part is a realtrack (audio) or a MIDI track (which requires a synth to be installed on the track)

For BiaB guitar part, try this:
Open the mixer
Select the Plugins tab
Select the guitar part
Select the first slot for VSTi synth and select a synth (this is necessary)
Select the second slot and deploy Amplitube.
Now you should hear it.

You can't use VST FX without putting a synth (VSTi) on a MIDI track.
If it is a realtracks (audio) track you can just use the Amplitube without selecting a synth (VSTi) but if it is a MIDI track you have to select a VSTi first.
Mac, i followed exactly what you just wrote and i still can see input from Amplitube and i know it work in my Guitar RIG 5 software and Amplitube 3 CS??? It's like signal does not pass by these VST Plug-Ins...

My only three instruments which are unMute are Realtracks and Realdrums. I want to jam with this blues-jazz riff. Here maybe it gonna help you to trouble shoot my problem:

My Mixer is now:
Bass(Green): Is Enabled and unMute = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Piano(Red): Is Enabled and Mute = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Drum(Green): Is Enabled and unMute = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Guitar(Green): Is Enabled and unMute = Nothing, Amplitube 3, Nothing, Nothing
String(Red): Is Enabled and Mute = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Melody(Red): Is Enabled and Mute = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Solist(Red): Is Enabled and Mute = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Thru(White): Is Disabled = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Audio(White): Is Disabled = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Group(White): Is Disabled = Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing

For the Amplitube: parameters are all power-on...,

Thanks for your support:)
Quote:

I want to jam with this blues-jazz riff

So yu are trying to play your guitar thru Amplitube inside BiaB?
Yes, because i would like to reord it after. I have other software like sonar or realband but biab is really friendly and to build a riff is really fast so i would like to do that... I use to do that with an old card soundblaster but now i have the Guitar Mobile IO from NI and it is really great because it's USB and directly plug in my computer and M-Audio amplified speaker. So is it possible as you seem surprised???

Thanks
Can not asnwer, still learning. I'm not sure if this was an advertised feature. I'll be surprised if you can, as I don't *think* BiaB has that type of audio routing .. but I've been surprised before so don't take my word on it. I asked mostly to clarify what you were trying to do.
"Launch Band-in-a-Box and visit Opt -> Preferences -> Audio -> Check the box labeled "Use RealTime DX Audio plugins" and click OK."
Ok, so i think you are right. I would be forced to use Realband instead of biab or just jam with biab but with my Guitar RIG5 or Amplitube open on the outside of biab...

Look up; Mac posted on how to do it.
The option was already on and i added the Amplitube DST Effect on the 2nd slot as you said but no signal or life from the Amplitube or Guiatr RIG VST plug-ins...
I am also unable to get midi tracks to play using VSTi(s). I am using style J~LAURA, which has midi Bass, Piano Guitar and Strings... The real drums are playing...I added the following three VSTi(s)

Kontakt 5 upright bass in first slot for bass using channel 2
Absynth 5 plucked strings in first slot for guitar using channel 7
Kontakt 5 session strings in first slot for strings using channel 6

I did not add a piano synth...I unchecked USE VST/DXi Synth in the MIDI/AUDIO Drivers Setup, because when it's checked, the plugins button is unavailable in the mixer window...I don't see any midi activity coming out of BIAB into the VSTi(s)... also, when I save the song I get yellow box with message VST/FX data too large to save, size is 1,447,873, track is 4...
I do use that style once in a blue moon.

I tend to NOT use any midi if I can find a RealTrack to replace it.

That said, I was sure during beta that this issue would end up causing no end of support headaches, it's not intuitive, many younger musicians don't understand 2 seconds of midi output streams, and the stuff hogs resources so bad we need a 64 bit engine, but that won't work with 80 percent of plug ins, and people will blame the software, not the plug-in.
not intuitive? thx for the comments, but I'm no rookie... I use VSTi(s) in Sonar, Live and Maschine quite a bit... they all have idiosync's, but in every case what should happen is...

(1) Midi is routed to the VSTi
and
(2) the VSTi routes audio to the assigned interface...

not really hard to understand...

but what I am seeing is "BIAB is not sending midi to the VSTi loaded in the first slot" of the instrument track's plugin dialogue.
I said I find it not intuitive.

The leap to "I'm no rookie" was cool.

I have not taken up knitting yet, but I'm on my way.

And what I do or don't know isn't the point.

To me the whole Vst maybe (i) maybe (s), the stacking of this and that plug in etc. just takes away from my goal, to make music with a back up band.

I like the RealTracks processed. It's a good move at one point to offer some generic tracks so you don't have the same musician with grungy tracks and silky tracks. But for me I see where this is going. Everything is going to be vanilla and if you want flavours you have to have a plug in. To a degree I get it, but how much distortion do I put on the cowbell to make it sound more like the one Flossie wore at uncle Ned's farm?
Quote:

...I unchecked USE VST/DXi Synth in the MIDI/AUDIO Drivers Setup, because when it's checked, the plugins button is unavailable in the mixer window...

The "Use DXi" must be checked in order to use the new multiple VSTi feature.

Not sure why the mixer plugins button is doing that if the Use DXi is checked. I do know that the button will be grayed out if the track(s) in question are realtracks and not MIDI tracks, though.

Are the tracknames in this song Green? Green indicates Realtrack. Yellow designates MIDI track.

Suggest that you recheck Use DXi and then try invoking the VSTi synths of choice using the VSTi toolbar button. It may be hiding in the toolbar cache under the little arrows to the right.

--Mac
So there are none of these effects IF you use and external such as SD2.
I think that would be correct since you still cannot combine an external with an internal synth in BIAB - it's one or the other only.
Once it routes to the external synth, it's out of the computer, so to speak, and so the effect can't touch it anymore. In RealBand, of course, you can record each track one by one from the external synth back into the computer as audio, and then be able to apply the effects to that audio track.
Hi, i have an issue with RealBand 2012. When i enable the option "Allow IM effect (ASIO only)" in preference/2-Audio, i heard an unpleasant 16 bit sound when i play a song. I don't know what is happening because in the 2011 version the problem was not existing and i just upgraded with the Plus Pak edition 2012.

Help!

Thank you

Michel Desgroseillers.
michel.desgroseillers@gmail.com
John, I was just trying out new demo songs in BIAB and one of the songs had 'amplitube3' on a Real Guitar slot and was playing fine thru my SD2.
© PG Music Forums