PG Music Home
Posted By: vishnu black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:00 PM
BIAB froze on me.....the little windows pointer froze and would not move ...i had to force a shutdown,if i cant point the pointer!!!

anyway,when the prog started up again all the white areas in the BIAB screen are now BLACK but operating ok

bummer what to do
Posted By: vishnu Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:15 PM
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...amp;Search=true

found this.......

i notice in my options dropdown box there is a RETURN TO FACTORY SETTINGS there.......you think i should try that with BIAB active?

i shall do nowt until i hear from the pros
Posted By: vishnu Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:18 PM
mouse cursor thats the term
Posted By: vishnu Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:24 PM
Posted By: DrDan Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:27 PM
Quote:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...amp;Search=true

found this.......

i notice in my options dropdown box there is a RETURN TO FACTORY SETTINGS there.......you think i should try that with BIAB active?

i shall do nowt until i hear from the pros

After a reboot, this is certainly step 2 - go ahead and see if that fixes things.
Posted By: silvertones Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:33 PM
Just find the menu were you can change the colors of things in BIAB & return them to the default. Not many folks realize that the colors can be customized. This black stuff has been none to happen in the past.Just change it back.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:35 PM
Hi Vishnu,

In Band-in-a-Box, if you go to Opt - Preferences, hit the Colors button, select "Default" as your Color Scheme and hit Ok, it should go back to normal.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: vishnu Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:39 PM
thanks guys ...sorted

is there anything at all that can be done when a cursor freezes on me ...?

i does not allow any option other than a forced closedown i think
Posted By: Noel96 Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:44 PM
Vishnu,

How long did you wait? I've found that sometimes a freeze occurs because the computer is heavily involved with processing something in the background.

Noel
Posted By: vishnu Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:50 PM
Noel i shall give that a try next time.......i waited about 1 minute
Posted By: Noel96 Re: black screen BIAB - 12/23/11 08:55 PM
Vishnu,

Try a couple of minutes. There are a number of processes (e.g. Windows Update, antivirus scanning and updates, cataloging files, etc.) that can tax the computer's processor. Also, when a BIAB song is generated, that process demands significant cpu power if Realtracks are used.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums