PG Music Home
Posted By: Curmudgeon Triplet Resolution (swing) - 01/06/12 05:31 AM
I like what I see so far in 2012 BIAB.

I'm puzzled why I can't keep the swing resolution box unchecked from session to session?

Thanks,

Don S.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Triplet Resolution (swing) - 01/06/12 06:26 AM
Hi Don,

I might be wrong here, but I seem to recall that I've not been able to make the triplet resolution box stay unchecked between sessions for a few versions.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Rachael Re: Triplet Resolution (swing) - 01/06/12 02:22 PM
I believe it is style dependent.

R
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Triplet Resolution (swing) - 01/06/12 04:41 PM
Thanks Rachael and Noel,

Being style dependent might explain it, but in all previous versions I've been able to keep it unchecked, if I so desired.

Don S.
Posted By: Mac Re: Triplet Resolution (swing) - 01/06/12 10:33 PM
I think it likely stays unchecked up and until the time you load a Swing feel Style.

Like if you only loaded Even feel styles, it wouldn't change...

--Mac
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Triplet Resolution (swing) - 01/06/12 10:55 PM
I just loaded two songs, one swing, one Latin, and the setting changed. Then I changed the setting and saved the song, but it switched back when I reloaded the song. That would seem to confirm it's style dependent.

Regardless, one of my longstanding requests in the Wishlist is to duplicate that checkbox onto the Notation Mode screen, so I don't have to click on Opt. to get to it every time, change it, and click OK to get back.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Triplet Resolution (swing) - 01/07/12 04:17 AM
Yes, I have determined that it is style dependent. However the screen has an update button that functions the same as the OK button when you make a change. I believe that if I make a change that it should stay that way.

However, it's no big deal.

Don S.
© PG Music Forums