PG Music Home
Posted By: Flabzilla RealTracks demos not working - 02/11/12 09:44 AM
Evening All,

I've recently installed BAIB 2012, and like the RealTracks stuff.

Unfortunately when I try to load a RealTracks demo, yellow messages pop up saying that various components aren't installed.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Posted By: Cerio Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/11/12 10:12 AM
Do you have the latest patch installed? It comes with several demo songs.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#349

If the answer is yes, what does the message exactly say?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/11/12 12:15 PM
Hi Flabzilla,

Welcome to the forums.

In addition to cerio's questions, what BIAB package did you get (e.g. EverythingPak, MegaPak, Pro, etc) ?

Regards,
Noel.

P.S. To check what patch your version of BIAB has installed, go to the top menu bar, "Help | About Band In A Box". The patch number will appear in brackets after "Version 2012".
Posted By: Flabzilla Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/12/12 10:21 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I loaded the patch to be on the safe side. No change. Says (349) now.

I bought the Pro version which is the base one I guess, an upgrade. I've used BIAB on and off over the last 20 years.

It appears I don't have the real tracks needed for the demos, which sort of negates the point of having demos.

Example: I load "All RealTracks: Medium Pop Ballad with Amplitube guitar" and one of the messages in the yellow box says I don't have C:\bb\RACG037.st2, which when I check it, is right, I don't.

I'm wondering if I've not installed BIAB properly or if the demos don't work unless you buy the uber packs.

Ideas?
Posted By: Mac Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/12/12 04:00 PM
Quote:

It appears I don't have the real tracks needed for the demos, which sort of negates the point of having demos.

Example: I load "All RealTracks: Medium Pop Ballad with Amplitube guitar" and one of the messages in the yellow box says I don't have C:\bb\RACG037.st2, which when I check it, is right, I don't.

I'm wondering if I've not installed BIAB properly or if the demos don't work unless you buy the uber packs.

Ideas?

Well, if you consider the Demosongs to be only used as a way to hear things you haven't got, your conclusion would be the case. BUT the demosongs are much more handy to me for finding out what a certain Style might sound like when I'm working up a new songfile.

You can still hear any demosong using the Button next to the Demo button, which "gets from Web" the soundfile of that demosong, playing as a .wma audio file, typically via the mediaplayer. Of course, the computer has to be online on the web to do this. You won't be able to see the chordsheet layout and all that, but you can hear the style demosong and that's a good way to decide which style files you may desire to purchase in order to get what you need done.

--Mac
Posted By: Flabzilla Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/15/12 12:05 AM
Ah, that seems to explain it. Thanks for your help, I've always found this program frustrating.

Is there any way to inventory the real tracks stuff I have with out going through the styles one by one to see what is missing?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/15/12 04:56 AM
flabzilla,

Under "Opt." on the top menu, click on "What add-ons do I have?". That will tell you.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Flabzilla Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/16/12 03:33 AM
Thanks Noel, very helpful.

Here's what it says I have:

Styles Disks : 0 (Built-in) ,1 ,2 ,3 ,7 (Country) ,16 (Blues) ,21 ,33 ,42 ,44 ,46 ,48 ,50 ,61 ,62 ,63 ,70 ,77

Soloist Disk Sets : 1 (Basic)

RealDrums sets in C:\bb\Drums\ : 1- Rock and Jazz

RealTracks sets in C:\bb\RealTracks\ : 1- RealTracks 1, 6- All Metal!, 8- Country Folk, 13- Older Jazz Swing Soloists, 14- Mainstream Swing - Jazz Rhythm Section, 48- Medium Modern Rock, 57- Jazz Swing, Laid Back

This looks a bit light on to me; but there is heaps of stuff in the C:\bb directory. Maybe I need to rebuild a database or reinstall or something.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/16/12 05:52 AM
Flabzilla,

I suspect that what you list above might be correct for the Pro Pak. If you are in doubt, send an email to support@pgmusic.com and ask them.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Flabzilla Re: RealTracks demos not working - 02/16/12 10:57 AM
Cool, thanks.
Posted By: thecoast Re: RealTracks demos not working - 12/17/16 06:56 PM
You know, I've seen the internet checkbox. I know I have. But for some reason I can't find it. Yeah, I know. I'm a moron. But any help would be wonderful anyway. :-)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RealTracks demos not working - 12/17/16 07:18 PM
thecoast,

It's in the Realtrack picker.

Attached picture demo realtracks internet.JPG
Posted By: thecoast Re: RealTracks demos not working - 12/17/16 08:45 PM
Noel96, thank you so very much. I've downloaded the demo file and am trying to figure out where they're supposed to go so they're available in case I'm not online. I don't even remember why I un-clicked that checkbox.

Again, thanks!
© PG Music Forums