PG Music Home
Posted By: Keith from Oz An Intermittant problem - 02/19/12 01:30 AM
This strange thing happens occasionally, with seemingly no pattern. I'll be playing a range of songs - no problems, and then load another song file and all I'll get is the Real Drums and THRU. It doesn't matter if the other patches are Real Insts or MIDI, nothing comes out. If I check the charts, all of the channels show that the instruments are playing.

As I am a backup freak,( I have at least 3 of everything ) I'll go to one of my earlier (exact) copies of the same file, load it, and it plays without problem. I've done Return to factory without any success.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: An Intermittant problem - 02/19/12 01:36 AM
Oh, I forgot to add, in this particular case all of the tracks were frozen
Posted By: Lawrie Re: An Intermittant problem - 02/19/12 01:38 AM
I've had an issue like that when using the juke box. Exit BIAB, relaunch and all is well. That particular problems strikes me as being some kind of buffer overflow - dunno if it's related to your problem though.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: An Intermittant problem - 02/19/12 02:06 AM
Hi Lawrie,
No, I can exit BIAB and come back later and the problem is still there.
Posted By: Rachael Re: An Intermittant problem - 02/19/12 03:23 AM
I've 'lost' frozen tracks when changing the style.

R
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: An Intermittant problem - 02/19/12 04:08 AM
Hi Rachael,
When you say "lost", so you mean the tracks disappeared completely, or the tracks were unfrozen?
Posted By: Rachael Re: An Intermittant problem - 02/19/12 02:32 PM
There was no sound on those tracks. They were still marked as Frozen. I had to Unfreeze and regenerate to fix.

R
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: An Intermittant problem - 02/20/12 03:36 AM
Rachael,
You've given me a clue for a fix. The same thing happened in a session today. I unfroze the tracks and restarted the song - no problems!
Thank you!!!
© PG Music Forums