PG Music Home
Posted By: kristen Is there a shortcut to preview styles? - 02/28/12 10:08 PM
I remember a few years back, while in the "Select Style Prototye.." window I would be able to highlight a particular style and type in a shortcut like "control-Z" or something like that and it would change the style being played rather quickly without closing the style window. I could preview several styles without closing the window.

Anyone remember what this shortcut was?
Posted By: Cerio Re: Is there a shortcut to preview styles? - 02/28/12 10:45 PM
Did you check the "Preview on double click" option in the Stylepicker window?
Posted By: babarton Re: Is there a shortcut to preview styles? - 02/28/12 11:13 PM
The speed with which it plays styles also depends on how fast your computer is - especially with any real tracks involved. Midi styles preview much faster.

Bruce
Posted By: kristen Re: Is there a shortcut to preview styles? - 02/29/12 01:20 AM
I was looking for the old keyboard shortcut. I try to use these whenever possible because its a little less painful than the wrist movement.
I've been through the complete list of short cuts for BIAb and unfortunately there isn't one for doing that.
There really should be though, especially for us blind users who find it hard to use the mouse to do that.
I ended up using the macro feature in my speech software to simulate the mouse actions required to preview styles quickly. I guess that's one for the wish list.

Tim
Posted By: Bob_B Re: Is there a shortcut to preview styles? - 03/01/12 04:19 PM
Hey Tim,

Where is that list of short cuts? Would you post the url? Thanks.
Hi,

I found a list of keyboard short cuts in the.pdf manual that came with BIAb 2012.
The heading in the manual is
Keyboard Shortcuts
I bet a list of all the keyboard shortcuts can also be found somewhere on the BIAb.
support page

Tim
In BIAB: Help, Index, Keystroke List
© PG Music Forums