PG Music Home
Posted By: kristen when i add solo the whole style changes! - 03/09/12 02:37 AM
After getting the chords to a song I try to generate a solo. It does, but changes the whole style!so I have to start over again.
How can I add a solo and keep the same style?

Thanks
Posted By: Rachael Re: when i add solo the whole style changes! - 03/09/12 02:47 AM
We need to know your procedure for adding a solo. There are some Soloist that will change the style. Those are marked with * and it says it will autoload a style. I think this is limited to Midi soloists.

R
Just expanding a bit on what Rachael said, if you use the "Generate and Play a Solo" and select a style with a *, then in the "Select Soloist" window you must make sure to push the "Clear" button alongside 'Style'.
That drives me crazy, too. Changing the style of an entire song is almost never wanted by me on the song I am working on. The default should be to never automatically change the style.
Posted By: Mac Re: when i add solo the whole style changes! - 03/09/12 02:18 PM
As already stated above, if you do not want a Soloist that includes its own Style, pick one that does not have an asterisk in front of it.

There is also a checkbox to prevent any of 'em from loading or changing the style...

--Mac
Posted By: kristen Re: when i add solo the whole style changes! - 03/09/12 05:26 PM
Is there a quick reference to tell me what all the charcters (like " * ") mean when used in the name of a particular style?
- An asterisk (*) or (^) caret means the style is a "perfect" or "good" match to the prototype style.

Using ZZJazz as an example.

Styles that are similar to the prototype are indicated with an asterisk (*). These are styles that have the same feel (triplets/ eighths/ sixteenths) and a similar tempo range. Styles with similar feel but a different tempo range are marked by a caret (^) symbol. So you can quickly see styles that are similar to Jazz Swing. The styles J_BASIE and J_DIXIE could be substituted with a perfect match so are marked with an asterisk (*). Styles like J_DJANGO are marked with a caret (^) because they sound best in a much faster tempo than the prototype Jazz Swing style.

Thanks,
Rob.
© PG Music Forums