PG Music Home
I found this problem during my .wav file generation. I have the 2 check boxes needed for the drum lead-in and no drum lead-in gets added to the wav file. The 3 boxes that are checked in that area are Merge in Audio Track, Include 2 bar lead-in and Include drum count-in sound. If I turn the drums on, then I get a drum lead-in. If I turn the drums off no lead-in.

Why is this not working? I was going to play with a drummer and need the lead-in.
I have the microsoft gs wavetable sw synth with a sigmatel audio card. I have xp sp3.

thanks any help is appreciated,
John
I'm not in front of BIAB to test this, but how are you muting the drums? If you are using the radio button with right-click & mute, instead of that try F5 in bar 1 and mute them in that dialog. If that doesn't work, change the drum volume in bar 1 to zero.
and I smoteth mine forehead thrice.

One more time than the posts.

Soon it's going to be...I bought this old computer that says Atari and it has the band in a box on it, how do I get it to sound like the Jazz at the Linked In centre orchestra?

Pass the medications.
Hi John,

One solution I can think of, is to make a MIDI file that has the count-in, and for every file that you first want to render, you could first load that MIDI file onto the Soloist part (menu-Soloist-Import MIDI file), and set the Soloist-Track Type- to all channels, so that it plays a channel 10 drums count in.

I'll try to add another solution in an upccming version of BB.

Matt's solution might be a better one, to just mute the drums using F5 ( I havent tested that, though it might also mute the countin.)
OK, now I'm intrigued.

Just to be clear, it works OK on playback, right? We're only talking about rendering to .WAV where it does what you say?

Double-checking: I have Opt., Preferences, Count-in/Metronome set as follows:

Allow Lead-in Bars CHECKED
Play Lead-in even if Intro Present CHECKED
Lead-in Type is Count-in
Audible Lead-in CHECKED with Volume 64
Smart Lead-in is NOT CHECKED
Lead-in Drum Count if Drums Muted/Disabled CHECKED

And whether or not the radio button for drums is muted, I hear a count-in when I hit Play.

Suggestion for workaround: if you can't get it to render correctly (and we should review the steps you are taking to do that), then you could always just record the song in real time. Open an audio editing program, set it to record, and playback your song. You will record what you hear, and as I say, the count-in works on regular playback.

ps I don't have anything about merging in an audio track. What version of BIAB are you using? And it's on a PC, right?
Follow all your Chords with .bgps that should give you count-in and no drums. Just a work around though.
Yes, it works fine on play back. I elminated the drums and you have the count-in. It is only when you save it to a .wav that it doesn't add the the count-in. I tried the lame mp3 and there was no count-in as well. I think this is a bug since the software gives you express options to add the count-in. I didn't mention i have biab 2012.
The F5 in Bar 1 with a mute on the drums worked great!

thanks,
John
Quote:

The F5 in Bar 1 with a mute on the drums worked great!

thanks,
John

Cool.

Hope Peter notices before doing any work on this. Sounds like it should be an FAQ item, though (assuming it isn't there already!).
John S. --

Are you using a hardware MIDI synth?

What is the MIDI output device selected?

--Mac
© PG Music Forums