PG Music Home
Posted By: PA-RK style changer - 03/24/12 06:35 PM
I have Band 2010. When I am working on a song and want to change the style in the middle, trying to stay in the same bracket such as Real Tracks, I go to the Style picker, click on a style, click on Play, and it keeps on playing the same syle. No matter how many styles I try to monitor, it won't change. It always plays the same style the song was originally written in. Even when I shut down Band and restart, I still cannot change the style. If I load the song demo, it does that fine, but just won't change the style. How to fix??? Please email me in case I don't get the notification. Thanks- rkellyjr5327@comcast.net.
Posted By: DrDan Re: style changer - 03/24/12 06:39 PM
Real Tracks do not follow any style elements. Styles define only how midi instruments behave.

So changing sytles will not effect RT's. Is this what you are seeing...
Posted By: Rachael Re: style changer - 03/24/12 08:01 PM
Quote:

Real Tracks do not follow any style elements. Styles define only how midi instruments behave.

I don't believe this is correct. If I change a style containing RTs to another one containing RTs, any change in instrument choice should occur. Maybe the OP is not choosing a style with RTs? I assume 2010 had the ability but don't recall.

R

It would help if we knew the style(s) in question.
Posted By: silvertones Re: style changer - 03/24/12 08:50 PM
You are both right sort of.
With MIDI Styles there are variables that are set and that occur randomly and is part of the style. RTs styles are just a convenient way to add 5 RTs at a time to a song. You could open a blank style and then add RTs & RDs one at a time and get the same result.
Posted By: Musica1 Re: style changer - 03/30/12 08:07 AM
Can't the medley function help out somehow?
I'm still brand new but I do remember seeing
something about medley when I was clicking around.

Debb
© PG Music Forums